GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

Orlinum

Just actived the developer mod this afternoon. No possibilities to change anything with it about the channel speaker.

speeding_ant

Go Kart Newbie
Found the volume issue for Siri is far less pronounced if you unplug the car battery for 30 minutes. The distortion seems to have gone as well now.

SQADan

It looks like this R340G is the same as the 187B discussed here, only with a newer firmware version that includes both Carplay and Android Auto.

Hopefully it will only take a firmware upgrade to our 187B, if the Chinese sellers are willing to share this firmware. It wouldn’t hurt if all of us ask our respective seller for the firmware and share when available.

They are already starting to sell on eBay the updated version for Skoda (see item number 172854258764).

Hopefully the VW version will show up soon.

I asked my seller and he says the R340G is different hardware for the Indian market and is not available in China, at least not yet. He also said he is unaware of any firmware update that would bring our unit inline with the 340.

Frazam

Does it do it on other cables too? Sounds like cable issue, or you possible have lint build up in the port.

Thanks for the tips on swapping cables. Probably too early to tell, but seems it may have fixed the issue. Surprising as I was using a month old Anker cable - ah well, these things fail I guess. Fingers crossed that this continues to solve the problem.

Tristanmin

Hello guys!

I have installed this RCD330 plus 187B to my Golf 6. Everything is working well except back cam and OPS. I understand they need to be activated via VAGcom and might need camera adaptor.

But the problem is I cannot connect to this head unit via VAGcom. Simply not reachable. I am using genuine cable and latest software. I have already tick 56.Radio in CAN gateway installation list.

I did read through the whole discussion but I do not find the similar issue which I am facing. Any help would be very appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mojoooo0

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmm thats odd. My vagcom cable is not legit but can see the headunit. I was able to disable the rearview camera.

squirrelnz

I’ve ordered one of these to put in my 2.0 tsi wagon, I have already fitted the lower spec RCN210 which comes from the same Chinese market. Cost about $125 nz which is about $50US. Works perfectly but now that I have some confidence in the market I’m going to upgrade to carplay. This thread has been an excellent read!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk