GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk6 gti stage 2 vs 2011 srt8 challenger

Dybz

Banned
cool, thanks

do you remember which page of your thread it's on?

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
I ran a full bolt on/SC 740li on meth/tune, etc. He put down over 400whp/tq. He recently went to the track and trapped 105-106mph. I pulled him 2 cars from a 1st gear roll to ~110 and was on his rear QP from a 30 to ~105. From a dig he got me by a bus. I trapped 102 (103 DA corrected), so it's not ALL about trap speed. But it does give a good indication of how cars will do against each other on a roll. Although I would've assumed the OP's car would get pulled after 110mph.

While i dont believe you beat the 740, what does DA corrected mean? Cause I have never heard of anyone correcting their times.. if you trapped 102, you trapped 102.

Dybz

Banned
While i dont believe you beat the 740, what does DA corrected mean? Cause I have never heard of anyone correcting their times.. if you trapped 102, you trapped 102.

probably some sort of elevation/atmospheric density correction thing. kind of how they do it for dyno runs. i mean technically, you can correct for it, but since there are so many more factors that can affect a trap speed on a track vs a controlled dyno run in a garage i don't think it's really a good way to go about it.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Density Altitude.

It's how one would correct times "to altitude". So, your car runs 17's in high altitude/hot temps, but runs 13's in low altitude/cool temps. That is why.

That's why tracks like Bandimere are heart-breakers and ones like Atco make cars seem faster than they would be anywhere else.

You don't use it to say "I ran a XX.XX." , though. It's used to show what your times equate to at sea-level, basically.

Yea, density altitude. I don't go around saying I ran 13.86 @103, but it's nice to know in better conditions my trap would've improved. I consider it an *asterisk* next to my time, nothing more.

The 740 was a quick car. He trapped 106 last weekend, but also trapped 101-102 on a couple runs where he spun a whole lot. Trap speed isn't everything, although I agree I should not have pulled at all. Even the 30 roll being out of my powerband I was on his rear QP. His car weighs 4200lbs and he's 6'7/210? I'm not arguing about it, just trying to show that trap speed isn't everything on the street.

Although, the OP basically claims to have hung with the new 5.0 lulz. The new 6.4L Challenger is on par with the 5.0.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests..._test/viewall.html#13395250847701&188,shopper

Last edited:

turbor850

Ready to race!
Yea, density altitude. I don't go around saying I ran 13.86 @103, but it's nice to know in better conditions my trap would've improved. I consider it an *asterisk* next to my time, nothing more.

The 740 was a quick car. He trapped 106 last weekend, but also trapped 101-102 on a couple runs where he spun a whole lot. Trap speed isn't everything, although I agree I should not have pulled at all. Even the 30 roll being out of my powerband I was on his rear QP. His car weighs 4200lbs and he's 6'7/210? I'm not arguing about it, just trying to show that trap speed isn't everything on the street.

Although, the OP basically claims to have hung with the new 5.0 lulz. The new 6.4L Challenger is on par with the 5.0.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests..._test/viewall.html#13395250847701&188,shopper

I agree, trap speed isn't EVERYTHING, but is a large factor. I notice he trapped what you trapped for a bunch of runs, but did one trap at 106, did he beat you from a roll race? Yes, mph wins again :p

Also, 30 mph in your car is around 5500 rpm? Out of powerband?

^ I was at his rear QP from 30-105 and the 20 roll to 110 I pulled 2 cars. :p

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
400WHP/4200lbs = ~12.6@107mph (ET Calc). Sounds like he should have pulled you all over the place but a win is a win.

It's an auto :) and trust me if he spun he would've said something. He's a big poop talker haha. Makes it interesting.

Boosted I agree he should've pulled. No arguments here. Sounds like a high reading dyno.