GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gunkata’s “S3” A3 2.0T Quattro K04 Build

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
true

everyone seems to say its BS. and most do run like $50, so I dunno...

Yeah, I found it for $43, but I don't think that included shipping. Still, $50 is less than the APR intake...and I think any increase in flow is going to help the K04 breath better in the mid and top range.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Do you already have just a drop in filter? Why not do that to begin with?

Drop in filter doesn't do squat. The stock intake is a serious bottle neck when you get to K04 level.

I said it in another thread, but K04 with the stock intake is like having sex with a condom on. It's great and all, but your still holding back your load.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, I found it for $43, but I don't think that included shipping. Still, $50 is less than the APR intake...and I think any increase in flow is going to help the K04 breath better in the mid and top range.

yeah, I'm picking up the used Modshack from skullv for $175. I couldnt pass the deal up.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
BB catted and resonated DP shipped today. If all goes to plan, it will be installed with the coils a week from today, on 7/16, and the car will be flashed to the "normal" / non de-tuned K04 file :D

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
BB catted and resonated DP shipped today. If all goes to plan, it will be installed with the coils a week from today, on 7/16, and the car will be flashed to the "normal" / non de-tuned K04 file :D

Can't wait to hear the before and after. :D

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
me either! very excited for the dp, the extra power, AND the drop. Boost gauge and steering column mount should ship any day now and the car will be dyno'd the first weekend in August along with several other cars - Golf R, K04 GTI, etc. Should be interesting to see the numbers.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
A mere week away from me not being able to say Q5 anymore? Sweet! I bet you can't wait! I'm putting on DG springs this weekend, so I'm pretty excited about that.

So, are you more excited for the drop because Q5 or the DP because better growl and power?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Q5 --> A3 conversion. Love it.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
I'm SURE you're going to love the extra power, and definitely want to see a revised video, but I'm quite curious what you think of the HPA coils. I'm super anal about ride comfort, and I'm still loving mine.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
A mere week away from me not being able to say Q5 anymore? Sweet! I bet you can't wait! I'm putting on DG springs this weekend, so I'm pretty excited about that.

So, are you more excited for the drop because Q5 or the DP because better growl and power?

lol^

You'll enjoy the DG springs for sure:w00t:

Q5 --> A3 conversion. Love it.

:laugh::paddle::p;)

I'm SURE you're going to love the extra power, and definitely want to see a revised video, but I'm quite curious what you think of the HPA coils. I'm super anal about ride comfort, and I'm still loving mine.

agreed on both accounts there. I really liked the DG springs on the GTI, so as long as its close to that, and to the car's Ive been in with ST's (which sounds like it should be even more comfortable), then I should be all :D

very excited for the dp, the extra power, AND the drop.

:thumbsup:

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
me either! very excited for the dp, the extra power, AND the drop. Boost gauge and steering column mount should ship any day now and the car will be dyno'd the first weekend in August along with several other cars - Golf R, K04 GTI, etc. Should be interesting to see the numbers.
Are you doing your baseline run first?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Are you doing your baseline run first?

too late now, lol.... unless Komet ends up doing the dp there and i can run before and after, but would need GRD to do the reflash, so probably not.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

agreed on both accounts there. I really liked the DG springs on the GTI, so as long as its close to that, and to the car's Ive been in with ST's (which sounds like it should be even more comfortable), then I should be all :D

x3 here....wondering if NS01GTI could share some thoughts on those coils

And GunKata....the reason why you bought them?
What's the price you paid for them too?

Considering a set of those for my new '13 CC....but dunno if I should just get the V1's instead OR if the ride difference with the SHS is just that much better that they're worth it :iono:

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
x3 here....wondering if NS01GTI could share some thoughts on those coils

And GunKata....the reason why you bought them?
What's the price you paid for them too?

Considering a set of those for my new '13 CC....but dunno if I should just get the V1's instead OR if the ride difference with the SHS is just that much better that they're worth it :iono:

I went with the HPA Coils after chatting with HPA extensively about coilover/spring options. The SHS are V1 with softer springs, revalved for road/daily driver usage, and they don't quite lower the car as far as V1s. I love how they run. A little more taut than when I ran Eibach prokit springs on OEM shocks, but certainly handle better, and have far more controlled body movement (both cornering and under accel/decel). They are very comfortable. The only time I notice a difference vs OEM or OEM + Prokit is on roads with multiple bumps/undulations in a row, the coils can get a little bouncy - but still not rough at all. I've been around dubs for about 10 years, and they are hands down the most comfortable coilover I've ridden in (compared to V1s, Konis, etc). Not sure how they'd hold up on the track, but they're fantastic for a daily driver.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Gun feels about them. :)