GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much do OEM parts go for?

Aaron_1995

Passed Driver's Ed
How much do these usually sell for? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have 4 detroits with slight rash and tires with plenty of tread left

Halogen headlights with bulbs

OEM taillights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Look on ebay. Tails are a hard sell, people want LED. Someone may want the halogens, the Detroits are heavy and rash drops the value. Your tires don't look like much tread, and never heard of Delinte had to google them. Just keeping it real. You might get $400 for everything.

Aaron_1995

Passed Driver's Ed
Look on ebay. Tails are a hard sell, people want LED. Someone may want the halogens, the Detroits are heavy and rash drops the value. Your tires don't look like much tread, and never heard of Delinte had to google them. Just keeping it real. You might get $400 for everything.

Previous owner replaced two of the tires. 2 are delinte and 2 are DuPont. See pic of tread. Thanks for the input! Appreciate it brother!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Headlights: 100 shipped
Taillights: 100 shipped
Wheels: ~200 local tops

Aaron_1995

Passed Driver's Ed
Headlights: 100 shipped
Taillights: 100 shipped
Wheels: ~200 local tops

Do you know what the best way would be to ship wheels? I have someone interested but don’t know how to give an estimate for shipping costs.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Do you know what the best way would be to ship wheels? I have someone interested but don’t know how to give an estimate for shipping costs.

It won't be cheap. When I ordered wheels from neuspeed each wheel came in an individual box. Detroits are 29lbs each without tires. It'll easily be $20+ to ship each wheel.

Actually just messed around with a quick quote...if you could fit each wheel in a box that was 22"x22"x9" and it weighed 35 pounds it's gonna cost about $50 to ship each wheel half way across the country. It's just not worth it.

Last edited:

clownish

just clowning around
It won't be cheap. When I ordered wheels from neuspeed each wheel came in an individual box. Detroits are 29lbs each without tires. It'll easily be $20+ to ship each wheel.

Actually just messed around with a quick quote...if you could fit each wheel in a box that was 22"x22"x9" and it weighed 35 pounds it's gonna cost about $50 to ship it half way across the country. It's just not worth it.

I’d double that estimate. I’ve shipped about six sets this year, it’s always around $100 for 4 wheels. If there’s tires it’s more, but you can ship with cardboard and plastic instead of boxes.

Unless to Utah in which case it’s even more. Like not worth it at all. Don’t ship to Utah.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I’d double that estimate. I’ve shipped about six sets this year, it’s always around $100 for 4 wheels. If there’s tires it’s more, but you can ship with cardboard and plastic instead of boxes.

Unless to Utah in which case it’s even more. Like not worth it at all. Don’t ship to Utah.

Oh, the $50 I said in my last paragraph was just for 1 wheel, but I didn't a good job making that clear. lol

At least using UPS's quote system with measurements I had to guess.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Greyhound for shipping items like that, even then it's around 100 bucks

clownish

just clowning around
I use UPS but I run it through a local business so I don’t pay retail - they win because it adds to their volume. For OEM wheels I’d probably try to sell locally.

I’ve never had trouble moving wheels. If they aren’t selling, drop the price.

zrickety

The Fixer
I've had luck shipping wheels/tires in pairs...you stack 2, wrap them with that pallet wrap stuff (home depot), tape the label on. You'll have 2 'packages.' Fedex is reasonable, you can open a free account and they give you a discount.