GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aluminum lower control arms?

jkflynn50

the stamped arms we have stock are a lot lighter than the mkv arms. Hardly any difference between stock and s3....maybe a pound a side.

Look into the arms APR is running on the R. Those at least come with the bushings already, so the price equals out if you take into consideration getting whiteline bushings / s3 lca bushings plus no hassle of pressing them in.

do the knuckles too if you are planning on keeping the stock brakes. You will cut a lot more weight doing those than doing the arms.

money stashed for a k04 / bt makes a lot more sense imo.
Sorry to resurrect this, but I have a Rotor lab 18z kit to install, I have a chance to get Passat spindles and control arms.

Will that work? The calipers have been modified to take a 345mm stock rotor, I've read the aluminum control arms offer better clearance than the stamped steel ones. I've also read you need longer bolts for the Passat spindles with the stock calipers.

Would someone please shed light on this for me?

This is my first VW. I've been building it for 2 years now.

I'm into upgrading the chassis right now. I just bought 24mm front, and 26mm rear H&R sways, neuspeed rear end links, white line front end links, white line LCA bushings, KW V3's. Along with an HPA IM, K04, and a USRT 4+2 meth kit.

All of this has been built up this winter, I'm going to start installing everything every Sunday starting in 2 weeks.

I could really use info on the control arms and spindles asap. I don't want someone else to grab them. I've been trying to research, but can't find a whole lot of info...

Thanks in advance.

Have a great day!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HDA using Tapatalk

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
We will be announcing our aluminum control arm kit next week. It will add caster, and have an "anti-lift" function with it as well.

torga

Autocross Champion
We will be announcing our aluminum control arm kit next week. It will add caster, and have an "anti-lift" function with it as well.
Ooooh, definitely interested. I'll keep an ear out.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry to resurrect this, but I have a Rotor lab 18z kit to install, I have a chance to get Passat spindles and control arms.

Will that work? The calipers have been modified to take a 345mm stock rotor, I've read the aluminum control arms offer better clearance than the stamped steel ones. I've also read you need longer bolts for the Passat spindles with the stock calipers.

Would someone please shed light on this for me?

This is my first VW. I've been building it for 2 years now.

I'm into upgrading the chassis right now. I just bought 24mm front, and 26mm rear H&R sways, neuspeed rear end links, white line front end links, white line LCA bushings, KW V3's. Along with an HPA IM, K04, and a USRT 4+2 meth kit.

All of this has been built up this winter, I'm going to start installing everything every Sunday starting in 2 weeks.

I could really use info on the control arms and spindles asap. I don't want someone else to grab them. I've been trying to research, but can't find a whole lot of info...

Thanks in advance.

Have a great day!

Sent from my ASUS_Z01HDA using Tapatalk

There are threads on threads about it over on vortex. I know that Passat LCAs are a direct bolt-on (I'm running them), but the spindles require some modification - the brake caliper mounting bosses are a lot thicker than the iron spindles IIRC.

If you want my two cents, don't bother with it. Between the control arms and my lightweight BBK, I've shaved something like 28lb unsprung off of each corner, and it hasn't made a lick of difference to ride, handling, or any of the other things it's supposed to improve.

If you want better ride and handling, the bushings, springs/shocks, sway bars, and tires are what you should upgrade. Lightweight brakes, spindles, and control arms are the finishing touches you put on a race car when you're chasing tenths of a second in competition. On a daily driver/weekend warrior, it's a waste of time and money.