GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good deal or no? 2011 GTI

BlackedOutMkv

Ready to race!
Just found a deal on a 2011 GTI, want some feedback from you guys. Here are the specs

2011 Candy White GTI
4 door
Leather seats, sunroof, steering wheel controls
57,500 miles
RNS-315 Navigation System
Push button start (not sure if Kessy)
18" Denver Wheels

Total price is $17500, and the car is from an official Volkswagen dealership. Not sure if certified pre-owned. What do you guys think

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Knowing whether or not it's CPO is important. It's factory power train warranty will expire at 60k. It's a Autobahn so it has messy. If it's in great shape it's a good deal.

BlackedOutMkv

Ready to race!
Knowing whether or not it's CPO is important. It's factory power train warranty will expire at 60k. It's a Autobahn so it has messy. If it's in great shape it's a good deal.

Just found out its not CPO. Is it still a good deal or should I talk them down on the price a little?

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
That's a lot of miles. I'd talk them down, especially if it's not CPO. Also looks lowered. I'd find out how it was done and if the interior rattles too much for your liking.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I paid 21K for 2011 sb 3 door gti. DSG, nav,xenons 18 detroits etc everything but leather. 17,000 miles on car if that helps.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Car looks lowered by at least 1.5"s no way that is CPO.

17,500 is not a bad deal. If that is an autobahn which it looks like, it looks like it had a MSRP of 32-33k depending if DSG.

BlackedOutMkv

Ready to race!
Update.. Went to check out the car. 57,300 miles, kessy, APR stage 1, twintake cold air intake, leather, sunroof, the thing was fully loaded.

Car drives amazing, real speed bump from my 07 Rabbit. Everythings smooth, the rns315 and voice recognition works great, really clean car. Brand spanking new pirellis also. The car was a lease return from CT.

Brought up the fact that it wasn't CPO and only had a few months of warranty left, used a few negotiation tactics and brought the price down to $16,300. What do you guys think?

PlaidDad

Ready to race!
I paid $18.5 for a 2011 DSG 4 door with everything except nav, leather, and Dynaudio, with just over 20,000 miles. Had 4 months of full warranty left, plus more than two years of power train. Private sale.

LoveMyGTI8970

Ready to race!
I would buy it as long as the title is clean. Is it DSG?? For $16,300 with a tune, intake, and lowered it seems like a great deal!

BlackedOutMkv

Ready to race!
I paid $18.5 for a 2011 DSG 4 door with everything except nav, leather, and Dynaudio, with just over 20,000 miles. Had 4 months of full warranty left, plus more than two years of power train. Private sale.

This one has nav, leather and Dynaudio, which is what is making me really want to jump on this deal. Might not have the warranty I want but from my research these TSI engines are much much more reliable than the 2.0T FSI motors. I don't mind doing minor services like replacing coilpacks in case of misfires and whatnot since I have decent experience working on VW's. As long as the engine doesn't seize clutch doesnt blow up, I should be fine.

Can someone who's had a TSI for a long amount of time (>60k miles) shed some light on the TSI's long term reliability?

It still has 3000 miles left of powertrain and typical 60 days of basic warranty since its from a Volkswagen dealership.

BlackedOutMkv

Ready to race!
I would buy it as long as the title is clean. Is it DSG?? For $16,300 with a tune, intake, and lowered it seems like a great deal!

Clean title, and manual. I need to row those gears!

I'm thinking its a great deal too. Considering it has every possible feature plus $1200 of legit mods that I would have done anyways, plus $3000 less than book value, I think I'm going to take it.

I took a look at the suspension after I test drove it, and its on H&R springs with stock shocks. I will most likely upgrade it to coils or air suspension in the near future. I plan on modifying the car heavily also...

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
Clean title, and manual. I need to row those gears!

I'm thinking its a great deal too. Considering it has every possible feature plus $1200 of legit mods that I would have done anyways, plus $3000 less than book value, I think I'm going to take it.

I took a look at the suspension after I test drove it, and its on H&R springs with stock shocks. I will most likely upgrade it to coils or air suspension in the near future. I plan on modifying the car heavily also...

for this, i'd say buy it.

BlackedOutMkv

Ready to race!
Just picked her up today!!!! and WOW this car is amazing, 10020193210391x better in every way than my mk5 Rabbit. Man I should have bought this car a long time ago. Too bad i only got 15mpg on the way home from the dealer ;)

I feel that I made out well in the deal. The tires have less than 200 miles on it, everything is immaculate, the twintake intake looks like it was just bought yesterday. cheers!

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Just picked her up today!!!! and WOW this car is amazing, 10020193210391x better in every way than my mk5 Rabbit. Man I should have bought this car a long time ago. Too bad i only got 15mpg on the way home from the dealer ;)

I feel that I made out well in the deal. The tires have less than 200 miles on it, everything is immaculate, the twintake intake looks like it was just bought yesterday. cheers!

Sweet, waiting on your IM NEW TO THE FORUM thread, congrats