GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dude's R Build

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Why would you do the timing belt at double the interval?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Oh you said its coming up soon so I got confused because the interval is 120k on this car, correct?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
What is up with that pdf... Does the golf R not have electric steering? I thought it did.

Power steering: Check oil level?!?!

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
What is up with that pdf... Does the golf R not have electric steering? I thought it did.

I dunno man but that PDF gave me the ammo I needed at my 40k service to get my dealer to change my Haldex fluid for free because according to the schedule it should have been done at my last "free" service but wasn't. Gotta stay on top of dealers these days.

As far as I know, it is electro-mechanical power steering.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I see what was done there.

:thumbsup:

Glad someone did. I thought the Dude would recognize his own words....

Took a short 20 minute drive with the GFB DV+ in and it was immediately noticeable. I felt a slight improvement of throttle response, shifting felt better/quicker, the turbo was spooling up quicker, and boost just felt more consistent at higher RPM's. Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be as noticeable as it was. I'm impressed:D

Wow really?? That is pretty cool though!!

Mogambo

Ready to race!
I guess I was just being un-dude, but because I find 80% of your humor to be funny 50% of the time it is always welcomed and loved here:wub:

That's like, your opinion, man.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
42dd catch can drain plug seized and was stripped trying to get it out. Sending it to 42dd and putting stock PCV back on.

BP11

Banned
Same thing happened to my 034 can. Drilled it out, and tapped new threads in and fit it with a 10mm bolt. Problem solved. Took like 5 minutes.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Same thing happened to my 034 can. Drilled it out, and tapped new threads in and fit it with a 10mm bolt. Problem solved. Took like 5 minutes.

42 offered to get it out and replace the plug with a brand new one and I trust the threads they made with their product a helluva lot more than any threads I make. But if had tools and a garage and was as handy as you I'd probably just do what you did.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Well, today was a major bust...

I had an appointment for 8:30am at APTuning to get my Koni FSD's, VWR Springs, and 034 strut mounts put in. I sat in their lobby until 11:00am before they even decided to let me know that they couldn't get me in right away because they had cars on all their lifts.

The killer is I have to drive an hour and a half to get their so I made the appointment well in advance and even called yesterday to confirm it. I had to work so I couldn't start a 3-5 hour job after 11:00. I went home sad.

Balls. No upgraded suspension for Dude:(