GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Beat a Dodge Challenger Scat Pack...shocked

Jcarollo765

Ready to race!
Raced a Dodge Challenger Scat pack yesterday and won both times by half a car length.

First was a roll at 15mph and stayed ahead the entire time.

Next race was from a dead stop, he pulled initially b/c my shitty summer tires spun in 1st and 2nd. Then once we hit around 70 my car pulled ahead...he wasn't to happy.

Looked up the car later bc didn't know what the stupid bee emblem meant but was shocked to see it makes close to 500hp.

Was he a bad driver or is that car just not that fast????

A3-Owner

Ready to race!
My Camry

My 09 V6 Camry took on a Dodge Charger from a light. He had the 5.7 Hemi motor and I had a 3.5 motor. 370 HP vs 268 HP/4264 Lbs vs 3483 Lbs. Roughly the same power to weight ratio. I barely edged him out after about a 1/4 mile. These Dodges are heavy cars........

Prescription_Bandit

Passed Driver's Ed
Not surprised, I ran against a Dodge Charger SXT with my GTI MK5 with just an intake back in the day and he couldn't keep up. Mind you, the SXT is geared anything like the SRTs/RT's, but still, their weight holds them back.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
Must be a fake . A new 392 with 485 hp is a beast...to keep up u need a stage 2 mk7 gti. My friend's raced. Even until low triple digits . Then the bigger engine shows.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
Must be a fake . A new 392 with 485 hp is a beast...to keep up u need a stage 2 mk7 gti. My friend's raced. Even until low triple digits . Then the bigger engine shows.

These cars are absolute pigs

I skull drug a scat pack in my k04 car by lengths. This car had just dynod at 440 whp

Im very light but also on 91 tune...

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
These cars are absolute pigs

I skull drug a scat pack in my k04 car by lengths. This car had just dynod at 440 whp

Im very light but also on 91 tune...

Exactly man k04 ....anything less than that for our mk6's and we lose....my car is stage 2 I'm able to just edge out a ls3 5th gen camaro 6 speed manual. Stock..it has 420 hp.....the SRT 392 are heavy yes .. but they still can reach 180 mph. And aren't Slow .

gdub09

Ready to race!
Yeah I ran a 5.0 mustang on the interstate and it was dead even till we hit triple digits, then he started to reel me in but we ran outta room.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Yeah I ran a 5.0 mustang on the interstate and it was dead even till we hit triple digits, then he started to reel me in but we ran outta room.

You sure the driver knew you were racing? I don't think there isn't a time a 5.0 won't out run a Stage 2 GTI at any rolling starting point.

Last edited: