GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
85-90ish...

No complaints though, we will run again once at v3.1 and the exhaust is on...

That makes sense, through the lower gears being able to hold that power longer is a benefit but at higher mph the gearing of an R can overcome that. Theoretically if you kept going the GLI would then overtake the R again with higher top speed.

Overall power wise they are very similar, look at the 1/4 miles times, the K04 tsi is only typically about 3mph faster on average. So from a roll it should be fairly even then slowly creep away probably about 80mph. The ones literally blowing the doors off of R's as soon as they mash the throttle must just have other other variables in their favor. There is no constant so its hard to say.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like maybe more similar to a US GLI. Can you check your trans code I would like to see what the gearing is.

And the dsg R we have here is exactly the same gearing as a us gti.

fender177

Ready to race!
I finally got my K04 installed. It's as good as I expected it to be.*

I have to say, I LOVE this tune. The throttle just feels great. I'm coming from a stage 2 tune, where babying the throttle in first and somewhat second was a necessity. You never knew if you were going to roast the tires or stall out it seemed.*But now with the 3.1 tune and the K04, power is smooth and power is everywhere.*

The power is fantastic. I haven't had a chance to really vet the power, but cruising on the highway with traffic, 6th gear is great. I find myself not feeling the need to downshift to 5th if I want to pick my speed up a little.*

The K04 definitely seems a little bit louder than the stock turbo. I had the AC on and I kept thinking a Mac truck was hiding in my blind spot :lol:

On a funny note - I had quite the "oh shit" moment driving home from the tuner. Under heavy throttle, it was hesitating hard before 4k, and then it would smooth out. I pulled up the APR Mobile app to look at what program I was in - it said Stage 2+ v1.2... I pulled over immediately and called the tuner to verify what they had loaded. They said it was the right tune. I ended up pulling down on the program selection screen, and it refreshed with the right tunes. Purely coincidental, I'm sure, but I haven't had any of the hesitations since.*

All in all, I'm very happy with the tune! Thanks for the hardwork, Jamie and the rest of your team!

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
Happy once again with my K04 GTI. v3.1 fixed what problems I was having so far. You can still feel the boost control somewhat. But is not as bad as before and much more linear.

Jcap287

Go Kart Champion
so I just switched from Unitronic k04 (stage 2+) to APR v3.1 . I am thrilled with the purchase it fixed a few issues that I was having and it feels so much more linear and smooth than before. I found myself wanting to get into trouble so i switched it into stock mode so im not tempted and my gas mileage is also increasing. I am pleased with my purchase.

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
And the dsg R we have here is exactly the same gearing as a us gti.

I highly doubt its exactly the same. Also that picture doesn't tell me much, I was looking for the trans code thats the mechatronics info.

I was primarily looking for the code from a ROW GTI, but now Im curious about a ROW DSG R but getting final drive info on those is not as easy as the internals are not sold separately.

speedster

Go Kart Champion
Just got the tune. So much smoother. Constant power. Wow!

james9120

Go Kart Champion
I'm noticing a little DSG slip throughout the 4K+ power band if I hit a slight hump or bump in the road, sometimes even on a that surface but it's hardly detectable. Will the DSG flash help? Or is my mileage just catching up?

tom@aptuning

VW Service & Performance
I'm noticing a little DSG slip throughout the 4K+ power band if I hit a slight hump or bump in the road, sometimes even on a that surface but it's hardly detectable. Will the DSG flash help? Or is my mileage just catching up?

What you just described sounds like tire slip. A bump in the road under wot wouldn't cause that.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
What you just described sounds like tire slip. A bump in the road under wot wouldn't cause that.

I'm pretty sure I was in forth the couple times it happens, it was more of a hump in the road. I've had it happen on v2 as well, hit a big dip in the road, like going over a short hill that makes you queezy will do it. It's very strange.

I'm also very curious on how the APR DSG flash changes the car at WOT, if anybody wants to chime in on experiences :)