GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

nick n

Ready to race!
I really think most of these cars (k04, 3, 3+) are probably pretty equivalent to 90-100mph, taking into consideration when boost comes on and traction. After that is where the shitshow comes in for the smaller turbo guys. lol. My friends BT 1.8t makes a shit ton of power, like ~500whp. From a roll I pull hard on him until 100 and then he blows around me. From a dig it's game over for him, as the thing just get's no traction. Granted it's a shittier platform without the smoothness of the mk6, TSI engine and APR tune..so I couldn't be sure what would happen in a MK6 vs MK6 battle, but I would assume pretty similar to above.

Drove the car for the third time today after 3.1, and it's just fantastic. Bottom end is still a little bit lacking from V2, but definitely managable. First gear is so much better, as before it was just completely dead. Same for second. And above 3800 or so...holy sweet jesus. Thing just moves. I will never go bigger than K04 on the platform, it just seems perfect.

I must agree, the car hauls, and it's power that can be put to the ground. 3rd is the 'and what' gear. 4th is just filthy.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie
I must agree, the car hauls, and it's power that can be put to the ground. 3rd is the 'and what' gear. 4th is just filthy.

I just love the boost control... 18 ish lbs initially puts you back in your in seat. Then at around 4k its like you just turned on another engine. lol

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Just bench flashed to v3.1 tonight… Wow, what a big difference!!

Very impressed with the improvement from v3.0. Since I can only compare to Uni 2+ I must say thank you Jamie… Awesome work, and I cannot wait to start playing with w/m!!

Did you go straight from Unitronic Stage 2+ to APR 3.1? Can you provide a more in-depth comparison? :thumbsup:

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Did you go straight from Unitronic Stage 2+ to APR 3.1? Can you provide a more in-depth comparison? :thumbsup:

D.. If possible, go give it a whirl. I just did some logging this morning in 85 degree weather on 93 octane.

This is the first log..

This is the second log..

On V3.0/V2.0/V2.2, I was pulling 5-6 degrees durning some logs and it never felt 100%. Now I can only describe it as very OEM'ish with a amazingly smooth pull upwards of redline. My car has never felt better and recently the wife said it's running, "Super" haha!

:thumbsup:

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
D.. If possible, go give it a whirl. I just did some logging this morning in 85 degree weather on 93 octane.

On V3.0/V2.0/V2.2, I was pulling 5-6 degrees durning some logs and it never felt 100%. Now I can only describe it as very OEM'ish with a amazingly smooth pull upwards of redline. My car has never felt better and recently the wife said it's running, "Super" haha!

Your logs look really good. I'm definitely strongly considering trying it out. I'm thinking maybe you'll take me for a rip in a few weeks when I'm down your way, and then I'll make my decision before ordering the 3bar MAP sensor and booking an appointment with the APR dealer. :D

One of the things that's holding me back right now is not being sure how the Unitronic DSG tune will play with the APR DSG tune.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
Your logs look really good. I'm definitely strongly considering trying it out. I'm thinking maybe you'll take me for a rip in a few weeks when I'm down your way, and then I'll make my decision before ordering the 3bar MAP sensor and booking an appointment with the APR dealer. :D

One of the things that's holding me back right now is not being sure how the Unitronic DSG tune will play with the APR DSG tune.

Sounds good.. Come take it for a ride!

:)

kakluote

Ready to race!

This is the first log..

This is the second log..

1.9 bar....... Holyshit

Halvie

WOOSA
Apparently I am thought to be retarded enough that I am unable to use google...

"we put xxx in"

huh, xxx seems to be identical to a gti.

madmycal

Ready to race!

Yes, I went from Uni 2+, then to APR 2+ v3.0, and now to v3.1… I won't go into any detail about the v3.0 issues and compare right to v3.1.

Throttle response is crisp, but not as sensitive as Uni… Meaning from a stop you would barely touch the accelerator and the car moved… Throttle response is still very good with APR v3.1 and I wouldn't change a thing.

Uni, felt like it had instant power no matter what the gear but it only peaked at 22psi. It would hold a consistent 20psi through the rev range... APR seems to peak at 28psi in 3rd/4th gear and holds a solid 25psi. Power delivery feels more linear, and I feel a considerable improvement in torque now. Roads have been soaked up here the last 2 days, so I haven't been able to fully test yet. :(

Lastly I was a bit concerned whilst on the dyno with Uni as the car leaned out quite a bit… I can't wait to throw her back on the dyno and compare results.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Yes, I went from Uni 2+, then to APR 2+ v3.0, and now to v3.1… I won't go into any detail about the v3.0 issues and compare right to v3.1.

Throttle response is crisp, but not as sensitive as Uni… Meaning from a stop you would barely touch the accelerator and the car moved… Throttle response is still very good with APR v3.1 and I wouldn't change a thing.

Uni, felt like it had instant power no matter what the gear but it only peaked at 22psi. It would hold a consistent 20psi through the rev range... APR seems to peak at 28psi in 3rd/4th gear and holds a solid 25psi. Power delivery feels more linear, and I feel a considerable improvement in torque now. Roads have been soaked up here the last 2 days, so I haven't been able to fully test yet. :(

Lastly I was a bit concerned whilst on the dyno with Uni as the car leaned out quite a bit… I can't wait to throw her back on the dyno and compare results.

From the logs I have seen the v3.1 runs leaner than the UNI 2+ tune

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion

Excellent. THanks for the feedback.

I'm looking forward to seeing the dyno results. Are you also planning on running any logs once the weather turns around?

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Excellent. THanks for the feedback.

I'm looking forward to seeing the dyno results. Are you also planning on running any logs once the weather turns around?

This is what I want to see. I really don't care about APR vs DM I want to see APR v3.1 vs UNI and GIAC. Preferably 100 oct tunes.....

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion

Nice to hear! Can't wait to see the dyno results for 3.1! Have you posted the uni 2+ chart yet?

:)