GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.0 TSI K04 v3.1 Software Now Available!

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, does this chance if I'm going to be using the snow performance stage 2 meth? Or should I get another meth brand?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Thanks, does this chance if I'm going to be using the snow performance stage 2 meth? Or should I get another meth brand?

No, you should still watch over your plugs when running meth with the 93 MAP or 100 MAP. For me, my spark plugs looked steam cleaned from the water meth but the 8-series heat range was right on.

If you plan on running meth with the 93 MAP for 0 correction factor and the full consistent output from the software then snow is fine.

If you plan on tuning a water meth system so you can run the 100 MAP occasionally or full time (like me), I would only recommend an Aquamist HFS-4 system. I'm partial to direct port but I think one large jet placed in a throttle body spacer may work also, the system is the best for failsafes, progressive control and bias for IDC control.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Ok, for starters this is how all 4 plugs looked. Looks fined to me.

I'm feeling dumb, and super pumped at the same time. When I went to remove the plugs I didn't have to pop 3 of them loose, they just started turning. And the 4th one wasn't much better. One was so loose that the coil pack had oil on it! I'm going to check them in a week to make sure the coil pack doesn't have oil on it again so I know there isn't a leak anywhere. I regapped the plugs down to .024, torqued them down really well and started up the car.

Rough idle is completely gone, car started up much more smoothly and the power punch is back to how I remember it. SO HAPPY!! But like I said, I feel really stupid lol.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
ehh no biggie, as long as they are all equally torqued down you should be fine. Is the pictured plug the one cylinder that was loose with oil? how many miles on your engine (for oil getting by the pistons and into the chamber)?

I just figured that there's always going to be a little oil in the combustion chamber from the cylinder walls. Maybe I'm wrong.

But I actually don't know which cylinder that coil pack came out of. I just noticed oil on my rain tray when I went to put them back in. The car only has 39k on it. Maybe a leaky gasket somewhere?

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
Who here has an APR DSG Tune and how do you like? How does it compliment v3.1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I don't feel it was worth the money. The small features are nice but it didn't make enough improvement in day to day use.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Who here has an APR DSG Tune and how do you like? How does it compliment v3.1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have. It's a must on my side. Clutches started to slip emediatly after sw v3.1
Tried to go back to sw v2.x and the slipping was gone.
Now I am running sw v3.1 100oct "beta" and the DSG tune sw v1.3 (with all it's quirks) and the car is a beast on and off track.
I can't wait for a better DSG tune. Hope v1.4 is just around corners.

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
ehh no biggie, as long as they are all equally torqued down you should be fine. Is the pictured plug the one cylinder that was loose with oil? how many miles on your engine (for oil getting by the pistons and into the chamber)?

Thinking about it a little more and I must have a leak. None of the plugs had oil on them. I mean maybe the heat from the chamber could've been burning it off. I dunno. I'll just have to wait a few days to check the packs for oil again.

R0bL0gic

Ready to race!
Seafoam is not the same although the desired result is the same. Seafoam is supposed to be run through the intake manifold while the car is running. CCC is supposed to be poured down the cylinders after removing the spark plugs, allowing to sit for hours/overnight then run hard.

Isn't CCC an aerosol can? Spray down the cylinders?

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
I'm feeling dumb, and super pumped at the same time. When I went to remove the plugs I didn't have to pop 3 of them loose, they just started turning. And the 4th one wasn't much better. One was so loose that the coil pack had oil on it! I'm going to check them in a week to make sure the coil pack doesn't have oil on it again so I know there isn't a leak anywhere. I regapped the plugs down to .024, torqued them down really well and started up the car.

Rough idle is completely gone, car started up much more smoothly and the power punch is back to how I remember it. SO HAPPY!! But like I said, I feel really stupid lol.

Just so you know, the oil isnt from the combustion chamber, its from oil leaking around the gasket that goes around the valve cover / cam cover, and around the coilpacks. The center is like O-O-O-O, and it seeps down into the plug holes, and gets all over the coilpacks and the threads on the plugs

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
Just so you know, the oil isnt from the combustion chamber, its from oil leaking around the gasket that goes around the valve cover / cam cover, and around the coilpacks. The center is like O-O-O-O, and it seeps down into the plug holes, and gets all over the coilpacks and the threads on the plugs

Damn, anybody know if this is covered under power train warranty? Or are you saying it's normal?

Cryptic19111

Go Kart Champion
It is fairly common, but actually the "gasket" i believe is just some sealant? I haven't seen one apart, but unlike the fsi, where you can take the "valve cover" off, and replace it with a fancy metal one, the tsi cover has integrated cam caps, so it's most likely glued on for the most part

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
It is fairly common, but actually the "gasket" i believe is just some sealant? I haven't seen one apart, but unlike the fsi, where you can take the "valve cover" off, and replace it with a fancy metal one, the tsi cover has integrated cam caps, so it's most likely glued on for the most part

Ok thanks. I'll call the dealership tomorrow and see what they have to say. Thanks again.