GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic stage 2 dsg vs Wrx stage 2.

rjkeene89

Ready to race!
Pull from 50 to 100. Almost dead even. He had 2 passengers. Looked like full turbo back. Not sure what else. He pulled on me very slightly, mostly because my dsg down shifted to 3rd, and I wanted to keep it in 4th. Need a dsg tune.

He was cool too. Not douchey.

Oh and he had more stickers than me...

I would have thought he could have walked me. So I was happy.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

rjkeene89

Ready to race!
your DSG downshifted to 3rd??? you race in D/S mode?
No.... If you push the pedal down past a certain threshold it take over even in manual mode.

I'm not sure exactly how fast I was going. 3rd started at like 5500 rpm. Which would have put me out of my power band too soon to do my aby good. The first time we raced I didn't have that problem, and it was dead even

SyDiko

Ready to race!
I wish VW tuned the DSG to use the full power-band out of the factory.

Ever thought about purchasing the APR (or equivalent) DSG tune?

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I can't say I've ever had it down shift for me even in M mode....?

rjkeene89

Ready to race!
Press it to the floor. Until you feel it.... Almost like prese a button.

Taiso0019

Ready to race!
Yeah kick down acceleration can enable itself in manual too. Only experienced it once since I hardly need to bury the gas pedal to pull the way I want while the car is already rolling.

tsmack

Ready to race!
Not all DSG tunes eliminate the kick down feature so make sure you ask. It does kick in if you push the accelerator to the floor in manual mode and certainly not always desired.

Gti207

Ready to race!
No I don't.

Where are you from op? In the midwest the weather has been pretty hot and humid these last few days. I don't have a fmic and I've been feeling the effects of heat soak these last couple days. Granted, that same disadvantage must be given to the subie as well unless he had a fmic? Regardless, good run, I have to agree with jay though...3rd at 50 is the way to go imho.

rjkeene89

Ready to race!
Where are you from op? In the midwest the weather has been pretty hot and humid these last few days. I don't have a fmic and I've been feeling the effects of heat soak these last couple days. Granted, that same disadvantage must be given to the subie as well unless he had a fmic? Regardless, good run, I have to agree with jay though...3rd at 50 is the way to go imho.
It may have been faster than that. I wasn't looking at my speedo. I don't know if he had one or not. But yes it's been hot. I'd like to get one at some point.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Simple, don't hit the kickdown switch. Just mash the pedal until it stops and don't hit the switch. Getting a DSG tune for that reason is a total waste.

And like Jay and Gti207 said, 3rd gear at a 50mph roll is the sweet spot. The only reason you kept up was because he had passengers. Who knows, he might have been stage 1 w/catback. Good race though, always fun to race any Subis/Evo's.