GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone had Intake Manifold replaced under warranty with Aftermarket Intake?

zthang

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm getting the dreaded P2015 and will most likely need a new intake manifold.
My car is a 2011 which I believe should be in the group covered by the 10yr/120k mile extended warranty for these manifolds.

My question is if anyone has had any experience bringing their car in with these faults and also have an aftermarket intake. I'm really hoping the dealership won't try to void the warranty for this because of the intake.

Pakman332

Ready to race!
My car has a decent number of mods including intake and tune, and my dealer didn't even question it. I was fully expecting them to say no especially because of the tune. Got a carbon cleaning while it was in there too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I just had mine done this weekend. I just put the stock intake back on and removed my boost tap and boost gauge so they didn't hassle me. They didn't mention anything about my tune or downpipe either. I know 99% of the time they probably wouldn't care but there's always that 1% chance and I actually had read about dealers getting people a hard time over unrelated mods, it only take 5 mins to swap back to stock so I just did it.

herrerafavian2

I just had mine done this weekend. I just put the stock intake back on and removed my boost tap and boost gauge so they didn't hassle me. They didn't mention anything about my tune or downpipe either. I know 99% of the time they probably wouldn't care but there's always that 1% chance and I actually had read about dealers getting people a hard time over unrelated mods, it only take 5 mins to swap back to stock so I just did it.
Did anyone have the intake ports cleaned off while they did the job? Its 375 that I don't have but the car is in getting the manifold plus a thermostat sensor changed under warranty. And the service advisor said if something happens down the line with the intake again it wont be covered since we declined on the cleaning

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I declined when they asked If I wanted it done since I had did it myself last summer. They didnt mention though that it wouldn't be covered if anything happened in the future. Sounds like BS to me, since carbon buildup on the valves has nothing to do with why the intake manifolds fail. Although, it wouldnt be a bad idea to get it done either if it never has been done.

Last edited:

Pakman332

Ready to race!
Did anyone have the intake ports cleaned off while they did the job? Its 375 that I don't have but the car is in getting the manifold plus a thermostat sensor changed under warranty. And the service advisor said if something happens down the line with the intake again it wont be covered since we declined on the cleaning

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I did it while I had my car in for the manifold to save some money. Kinda sounds like they're trying to scare you into doing it though

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

zthang

Passed Driver's Ed
Just had my car in for the service finally last week.

Just to recap, I was getting a rough idle for the first 10 sec every time I would start the car, accompanied by the P2015 fault code with a check engine light. My car is at 80k miles.

This was the 2nd time I've had the intake manifold replaced under warranty (first time was at 40k).

Luckily, the manifold was still covered under the extended 120k mile warranty (even with my aftermarket intake installed). I was running the Cobb stage 1+ tune but reverted back to stock before I brought it in just in case.

While they were there I had them clean the carbon buildup from the valves as well and that was the only thing I had to pay for which was $250.