GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 01-18-2018, 09:39 PM   #925
Phur
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 VW GTI Autobahn
MKVI BOSER?!?!?

Honestly it depends on how often and what method you want to use to apply it. They have ceramic sprays now. They donít last as long, clearly, but application is as easy as a detail spray or dying agent. I saw one that after you wash the car, with it still wet, you spritz a bit of the stuff on and then immediately rinse it back off with the hose. 🤨

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:16 AM   #926
cosmo10292
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 vw mk6 gti Wolfsburg edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phur View Post
Honestly it depends on how often and what method you want to use to apply it. They have ceramic sprays now. They donít last as long, clearly, but application is as easy as a detail spray or dying agent. I saw one that after you wash the car, with it still wet, you spritz a bit of the stuff on and then immediately rinse it back off with the hose. 🤨

No shit!? I didn't know about that...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #927
Phur
FIA GT Newbie

MKVI BOSER?!?!?

I just got a bottle in the mail today actually. Sterkrazzy posted a link. Itís a new company and they are doing a free trial. 16oz, all you pay is shipping. It came out to $10.70 for me.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #928
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
I'm gonna try mine this weekend. I'm not sure it's quite a true ceramic coating, but it sounds like it has very good hydrophobic properties and it's insanely easy to use and doesn't streak.

The link is still up - https://hydrosilex.com/products/free...silex-recharge
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #929
Phur
FIA GT Newbie

Hey! There you are! Speak of the devil...

Thanks again.

Old 01-19-2018, 06:03 PM   #930
cosmo10292
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
I just got a bottle in the mail today actually. Sterkrazzy posted a link. Itís a new company and they are doing a free trial. 16oz, all you pay is shipping. It came out to $10.70 for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
I'm gonna try mine this weekend. I'm not sure it's quite a true ceramic coating, but it sounds like it has very good hydrophobic properties and it's insanely easy to use and doesn't streak.

The link is still up - https://hydrosilex.com/products/free...silex-recharge
Oh hell im getting this!! thanks!
Old 01-19-2018, 09:18 PM   #931
Jeffs2013GTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 SB GTI (Sold)
This spray type ceramic coating I have a feeling will attract dust like a mutha. But for $10 what the heck.

I am thinking of topping my rims that have CQuartz UK on them with Car Pro Gliss. Its a new top coat for ceramic coatings that creates an anti static layer.

I will let you guys know how it works out when I apply it in a couple of weeks..

I went to the Hydrosilx site, says its $59 is there a promo code or something?

Jeff
Jeffs2013GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:22 PM   #932
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs2013GTI View Post
This spray type ceramic coating I have a feeling will attract dust like a mutha. But for $10 what the heck.

I am thinking of topping my rims that have CQuartz UK on them with Car Pro Gliss. Its a new top coat for ceramic coatings that creates an anti static layer.

I will let you guys know how it works out when I apply it in a couple of weeks..

I went to the Hydrosilx site, says its $59 is there a promo code or something?

Jeff
You just have to use this link https://hydrosilex.com/products/free...silex-recharge

You can't get to that link by browsing their website. I found it on google trying to look for reviews. I thought it was a mistake on their part at first, so I wasn't sure they were going to honor the order, but they did.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:29 PM   #933
Jeffs2013GTI
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2013 SB GTI (Sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
You just have to use this link https://hydrosilex.com/products/free...silex-recharge

You can't get to that link by browsing their website. I found it on google trying to look for reviews. I thought it was a mistake on their part at first, so I wasn't sure they were going to honor the order, but they did.
Thank You Ordered mine, for $10 I will try it

Jeff
Jeffs2013GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:45 PM   #934
cosmo10292
FIA GT Newbie

Rear needs a dash of camber and the front needs a little toe adjustment but they're on! I'm in love

Old 01-21-2018, 08:23 PM   #935
Clownish
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: GTI
Looks super rad

Old 01-21-2018, 11:16 PM   #936
riceburner
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
first off, just got in on the free sample - the application sounds wierd to me - spray on, rinse off immediately, THEN buff?

Second - holy shit cosmo. those wheels are ridiculous! in with the fitment adjustments.
riceburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:32 PM   #937
Phur
FIA GT Newbie

There are multiple application methods described on their website and I think in the accompanying letter. I donít remember that method being mentioned. Yet that is the only method discussed on the actual bottle. I have seen that application method on YouTube with other products (H2go maybe). The conflicting information just seems odd to me. I opted for the detail spray application method. I put it one side of the hatch as a test. I swear I heard it sizzle when I sprayed it on the diffuser.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:17 AM   #938
cosmo10292
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:
There are multiple application methods described on their website and I think in the accompanying letter. I donít remember that method being mentioned. Yet that is the only method discussed on the actual bottle. I have seen that application method on YouTube with other products (H2go maybe). The conflicting information just seems odd to me. I opted for the detail spray application method. I put it one side of the hatch as a test. I swear I heard it sizzle when I sprayed it on the diffuser.

Yeah sounds like one of those spray on waxes that you can quickly spray on and wash off. You get yours yet?

Tags
boser, forgestar, gti, mk6, widebody