GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New,Completely different Full LED/Bi-Xenon Mk6 Headlights - AutoPartsEurope

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
So these have been out for some time now. How are they holding up? If I'm thinking about them should I stay away? Haven't seen many long term reviews.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Seems like they typically have a fair amount of issues and possibly the lights aren't being produced or supplied much more so that's kind of a fear, especially for the price.

I'm just retrofitting some r20 reps instead

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I've had them on for a few months now with no issues. The beams are a bit shaky at idle, but that's probably mostly from my mounts.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Seems like they typically have a fair amount of issues and possibly the lights aren't being produced or supplied much more so that's kind of a fear, especially for the price.

That's the feeling I was getting. The stock seems pretty limited and a lot of places are out of stock. I've seen people having issues 1-2 months after receiving the headlights and then maybe some trouble getting a replacement. Seems like the LEDs in the DRLs are kinda faulty.

It's a shame. Such beautiful headlights, but I feel like you're getting that eds reps quality.

I've lost both of the metal wires that hold the cap onto the back side of my eds reps, so I'm always getting condensation inside them. Plus the lenses need a really good polishing. I was planning on polishing them soon, but with the caps being unusable I'm kinda leaning more towards new headlights.

I'll probably just end up with the helix version of the osrams for $350-380, at least I'll be able to use the HIDs I have now with them.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
where can we even buy these anymore?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

I found some on amazon france for like $750 usd, but I couldn't find a vendor I felt like I could really trust. I definitely didn't find any US dealers.

I ended up ordering the helix mk7 look projectors from urotuning instead. They were my second pick, and they have sequential turn signals so that's kinda cool.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
esetuning is a reliable us vendor for these..that's where I got mine

I've had mine for over a year and had issue with one side about 3 months ago. I emailed Stefan over at OSRAM and literally 3-4 days later from GERMANY I had a new headlight waiting for me when I got home from work. They've held up well, even considering my stiff motor mounts/suspension, they probably get beat up quite a bit. Can't say enough good things about these.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

I've had mine for over a year and had issue with one side about 3 months ago. I emailed Stefan over at OSRAM and literally 3-4 days later from GERMANY I had a new headlight waiting for me when I got home from work. They've held up well, even considering my stiff motor mounts/suspension, they probably get beat up quite a bit. Can't say enough good things about these.

Looks like they're all out of stock too.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion

no one sells them in the US anymore that I'm aware of. You can't buy them direct from them for some reason they won't ship to the US. I do know of a sellrer who will ship to the US but they are located in italy. They are listed on ebay but they are like 1200 shipped.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
That's the feeling I was getting. The stock seems pretty limited and a lot of places are out of stock. I've seen people having issues 1-2 months after receiving the headlights and then maybe some trouble getting a replacement. Seems like the LEDs in the DRLs are kinda faulty.

It's a shame. Such beautiful headlights, but I feel like you're getting that eds reps quality.

I've lost both of the metal wires that hold the cap onto the back side of my eds reps, so I'm always getting condensation inside them. Plus the lenses need a really good polishing. I was planning on polishing them soon, but with the caps being unusable I'm kinda leaning more towards new headlights.

I'll probably just end up with the helix version of the osrams for $350-380, at least I'll be able to use the HIDs I have now with them.

Some people had issues with the first batch made but I haven't heard anyone lately have any issues. I know I haven't had any issues with mine lately.

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
no one sells them in the US anymore that I'm aware of. You can't buy them direct from them for some reason they won't ship to the US. I do know of a sellrer who will ship to the US but they are located in italy. They are listed on ebay but they are like 1200 shipped.

Outside of the initial spidercracks on the inside of the passenger headlight, which they promptly sent me a new headlight, I have had 0 issues and they still look great!

ESEtuning was selling them, you can still order direct from Osram, Email this guy! F.Kneer@osram.com

I have had a couple of guys order from him directly. Worth giving him a try! I think he was doing 850-900 shipped to the US

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed

Can you share via a PM the contact info for Stefan? I ordered a set last Friday and I'd like to have all the info I might need if I ever have any problems with them.

I was debating the helix MK7 style ones as well, hoping I made the right decision. I read quite a bit over the past few weeks on the helix lights and I could never get a consensus on whether coding is required and if people were actually happy with the lights. Part of that could be old reviews of the Golf R style lights, which seemed to have a fair share of issues.