GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MJM Autohaus

93serprise

Ready to race!
Being concerned, and whining are two different things in my opinion. I just don't want to get shafted by a company that is hit or miss with customer service.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Well I went ahead and called MJM Autohaus to get an update. A female answered the phone, and put me on hold for about 5-6 minutes or so. She came back and told me that they are having to get the intakes directly from Neuspeed now, and that the next batch would be in around 3-4 days from now. She said that I should receive the intake by the end of next week. Hopefully, that happens...based on other users feedback though, I won't be surprised if I don't. Patience is a virtue indeed...

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
It took damn near a month for me to get mine from them.

No receipt, no shipping confirmation from them until I called them to issue them. They were very slow to get back to me on my emails to them asking where the intake was and when it was shipping. When I called, the guy who answered was very rude to me.

Got a killer price on the intake, but I'll never order from them again.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Well I went ahead and called MJM Autohaus to get an update. A female answered the phone, and put me on hold for about 5-6 minutes or so. She came back and told me that they are having to get the intakes directly from Neuspeed now, and that the next batch would be in around 3-4 days from now. She said that I should receive the intake by the end of next week. Hopefully, that happens...based on other users feedback though, I won't be surprised if I don't. Patience is a virtue indeed...

Yea that is their go to response you can expect that same response everytime you call. The trick is to bitch and then after a few more phone calls they will offer to have it drop shipped then 1 more call and they will actually have it drop shipped.

nearsite00

Ready to race!
I just placed an order online for a Neuspeed P-flo intake with MJM Autoaus, and then found bad reviews of the shop after the fact....now I am a little bit worried that I wound get my product within 3-5 days even though I live in Tyler, Texas...has anybody here ordered from them, and have major issues?

I ordered the Neuspeed P-flo from them last year and got the intake in a week or so. I see that their customer service is still piss poor. I don't think they are scam artists or anything, they just have a complete lack of communication, update, or customer service.

I wrote a thread on them in these forums somewhere.....Edit - found it below:

I'm actually in the middle of a transaction with these guys. I'll try to be objective as I can. I ordered a set of Eibach sway bars on Saturday 9/22. I called in yesterday (Monday 9/24) to confirm my order.

Spoke with Jenny who is listed as the 'Customer Service Manager' on their website. She wasn't rude, wasn't friendly, but did take my call and my concern. Told me she would check with the warehouse guys and have Eibach drop ship them to me. Said she'd call me back yesterday but never did. I called this morning to follow up again, and she said she'd check again and call me back. Again, no call back, however I did recieve an email confirming an order for Ryan Lee in Utah (who is NOT me, BTW) and I immediately respond to their email asking if they sent my order to the wrong person/address or if they sent the confirmation email to the wrong person. This is from Juan (who is the owner and is on AIM if you want to ping him with your questions - JuanatMJM).

So Juan then responds to let me know that he emailed the wrong recipient of the confirmation email. So with no call back from Jenny, I call them AGAIN (3rd time in two days) and spoke with Chris. He was very helpful and checked on my order and made sure that it was ordered to be drop shipped from Eibach. I felt better after speaking with him and then I get an email confirming my order was in transit/processing, but there was no tracking number, so I emailed them to request it. I wait maybe less than an hour after my email and IM Juan who mentioned he will be providing the tracking number later this evening, so I'll see how that goes.

I did not read any reviews on these guys prior to ordering as I was desperate to get a pair of sway bars quick for my install next week and autoanything.com cancelled my Whiteline sway bars after 3 days in processing. I actually did research on them after my IM conversation with Juan the owner and wow, they were NOT good, but I didn't cancel my order and still am giving them a shot to fulfill it.

Overall, the service is not ideal, probably like a 6-7 out of 10 (especially with they way they respond on forums to their customers), however their pricing is 10 out of 10 and perhaps they get so much business that they dont' have enough manpower to provide the type of customer support that we're use to and come to expect with other vendors.

If you expect regular updates, speedy processing, and an accomdating or courteous tone from them, then this is not the place to go.

If you want cheap prices, curt but vague responses (they tell their customers 'they'll get to them shortly', but what does that even mean? To me, shortly means, same day and even within a few hours, to them it could mean 1 or 2 days), and you are ok with ambiguity, then by all means order from them. I don't think they're out to screw anyone over, I think they just want to process all their orders in a timely manner and do not want to waste time with updates or call backs to their customers.

My advice to them if they're listening:

1. Have your Customer Service manager take a customer service class, perhaps all five of their employees on their website could use some more training.

2. Regularly update your customers with SPECIFIC information on their orders.

3. Maybe hire another body or two to help out with online orders.

4. Stop responding to complaint threads from their customers and trying to justify why MJM Autohaus did not do anything wrong, and stop with the smart ass responses (I think everyone can identify the tone of their emails, whether they say so or not). This is by far my biggest gripe with them, even though it's not me they respond to. Regardless of what they may think, the way they choose to respond to issues leaves MUCH to be desired and that is something that should be worked on.

5. Keep your low prices!

Last edited:

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
ordered my p flo from them last year. they are active on vortex i believe, unless the dude that was got fired now. i got my p flo pretty quick with tracking number right away.

nomoretickets

Ready to race!
FML

should have did some research on these guys before i ordered anything from them...

been waiting for three days now and not even a tracking number or a notification, but they charged me right away lol

303GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered my intake from them because of the price but there "3-5" days is complete bogus. It took them 5 weeks for them to get me my intake. I called numerous times and no answer. I tried email and it took a week for them to respond. I tried canceling my order and they said that my product was in the process of shipping so I couldn't. I got notice that the item was ready for shipping and it stayed like that for 5 days. I would never buy anything from them ever again. If rather spend more money and have the item right away rather than deal with that place again.

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
I have actually had an issue with MJM where I could not reach them by phone and they wouldn't return my calls/emails for a week. I disputed on paypal and won the dispute and got all my money back. After the dispute I got a pretty rude call from a loud mouthed bitch that worked for them that needed a cock in her mouth.

There are much better online stores to get parts from that have much better customer service and know how to be polite to the customers that choose to bring their money to them over other shops. There is a reason they get so many negative reviews, if I had typed in MJM in google before I placed that order I would known not to bother but I did and thankfully it worked out and I am happy they didn't get my money after the way I was treated.

I got an apology from I think Jeff after posting my issue on vortex which I accepted but it is still appalling that they let someone that rude be on the phones and interact with customers.

I actually think I have posted this on here too, the MJM hate threads are sometimes pretty long.

DerEinzige

Ready to race!
^ that is terrible.

These guys are right in my backyard too.

ph0shizle

Passed Driver's Ed
damn. i JUST ordered a p-flo intake from them on sunday(8/11/13) before doing any research. i was in the same situation as the OP where i came across a forum saying theyre the best prices around with free shipping etc. so i didnt think much about it and ordered it. I really hope i dont have a bad experience like many of the stories i hear about from you guys. i'll probably give them a few days before i call them up and try to cancel the order. waiting a month for something would be ridiculous. I'll keep you guys updated. (it says pending on my order still which is expected since i barely ordered it 2 days ago)

fkshtup

Ready to race!
I moved to San Antonio recently and was looking for the best shop for our cars and MJM is not the best place. Everytime I call no one picks up EVERYTIME!! DBC tuning is better if you want in-state shops. I normally order my stuff through Urotuning.com they stay on top of their stuff.

caffeineTX

Ready to race!
I moved to San Antonio recently and was looking for the best shop for our cars and MJM is not the best place. Everytime I call no one picks up EVERYTIME!! DBC tuning is better if you want in-state shops. I normally order my stuff through Urotuning.com they stay on top of their stuff.
Berk is the man, super knowledgeable and will tell you what he would put and has put in his own car. He has started doing BMW's also.

I think BSH is also out of San Antonio.

gmel

Passed Driver's Ed
I always hear good things about DBC and not so good things about MJM also. I've never actually been over to MJM, but I do not really plan to.

OP, Hopefully MJM comes through for you.