GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AZ MKVI Owners chime in

Elchinophil

Ready to race!
I go to San Tan VW because it's near me and thats where I actually purchased my car from. Camelback VW is a APR authorized dealer as well if you don't feel like driving to scottsdale. GoodSpeed is my go to shop for mods/performance stuff . See another person said Vivid is bad. They have a bad rep in AZ and only newbies that go there learn the hard way. They maybe trying to repair their rep but every now and then you hear horror stories from Vivid. Once your networked in , word spreads like fire.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
Vivid installed their own "agency power" brand sway bars in my dads FRS that he takes on the track. After a whole day on the track we put the car up on a lift because he said there was a knocking sound under hard turning (hard to hear because of the header-back exhaust). So after lifting the car we saw that the front sway bar had been forcefully banging down on the A Arm, which caused significant damage on the arm which is made of fairly thin metal. Another few sessions and this thing could've snapped.. that's seriously putting a life on the line.

Spyder368

Ready to race!
I feel like apr is too mainstream..? what other tuning choices do i have for a stage 2 tune in az?

Hi Adronish,

So if you feel APR is too mainstream and from the replies about Vivid I am sure you don't want to go there haha.

My suggestion would be to go to Tuning Gruppe as they do GIAC, you can do research on the forums as to what that tune is like, there are a lot of die hard GIAC fans out there.

557 E Juanita Ave, Mesa, AZ 85204
Funny enough they are about 5-8 mins from Vivid in the East Valley.

Also for another main tuner, there is always REVO and the shop that uses them is European Speed & Services
1725 W Williams Dr Phoenix, AZ 85027
(623) 581-8382

Spyder368

Ready to race!
Thanks for that i'm also in the market for a tune in the near future and was curious on good tuners. What dealer in PHX does everyone use?

Camelback VW would be the place to go in Phoenix.

omgheyitskenny

Ready to race!
It's not really about mainstream I understand some people want to be different but phx area does have a lot of apr support wouldn't a peace of mind sell you? ;)

My ecu has been cracked open so many times lol only 2 companies I haven't donee is revo and eurodyne :X

Now if you are sets on uni give vivid a try there are always good and bad experiences with a company. There are a few east side people on uni but we all had uni done at wuste.

adronish

Thanks guys for the awesome responses :thumbup: now i'm little scared to go to vivid racing, but i really wanted the aggressive unitronic tune :/ crap man i don't even know what tune i want now :(

GPM

Ready to race!

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
I think vivid is fine for a tune as long as they know the proper/clean ecu removal and reinstall procedure, which I can't speak for

GPM

Ready to race!
I heard of them, but am not sure how well their tunes are. Have you gotta a tune by them before?

Yes, see my sig line. Pay them a visit and see some of the work they do and decide for yourself. Personally I like the fact that the tuner is only 30 minutes away. Others perfer the comfort of higher volume tuner.

omgheyitskenny

Ready to race!
There's another local guy with a mk5 gti with R32 rear bumper that's running EVOMS K04 file with no problems. Then again FSI only requires OBD flash and no ecu removal.