GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rough low RPM acceleration.

Brawn80

Ready to race!
I've begun having similar problems lately and definitely reached another level tonight. My car: 2010 GTI DSG, currently 59900 miles. It seems to be having issues deciding whether to keep it in 1st gear or neutral. When in (P) mode, car seems to idle appropriately at 800 or 900 rpm hot/cold. When in (N), same thing. But in (D) with the brake fully applied (say at a stop light), it seems to have a rough Idle at times and even got so bad as lurching/shuddering. Idle bouncing between 700-1100rpm. This happens regularly both at a full stop or when starting off/coming to a stop. Starting off, it seems to not sense my foot off the brake quick enough and takes a second before dumping the clutch and lurching forward. The opposite happens when coming to a stop, seems to have a tendency to continue to pull and then immediately opens the clutch. While driving at any considerable speed, the problem goes away. Rpm is steady with steady throttle modulation. Shifting up and down in (D) or (M+-) is smooth through 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th. It's only with Neutral/1st that has the problem. If already rolling at lets say 30mph, I can shift between (D) and (N) without any hiccups. (N) to (R) exhibits similar lurching/shuddering problems. Check my sig for full Mod list. No CELs and I don't have VAG Com so I can't provide any info regarding what it senses or fault codes.

ps: Doesn't feel like the same power loss really that I had with misfires due to bad coil packs a little over a year ago/20k miles ago)

Last edited:

sweatyandreadyb

Ready to race!
I've begun having similar problems lately and definitely reached another level tonight. My car: 2010 GTI DSG, currently 59900 miles. It seems to be having issues deciding whether to keep it in 1st gear or neutral. When in (P) mode, car seems to idle appropriately at 800 or 900 rpm hot/cold. When in (N), same thing. But in (D) with the brake fully applied (say at a stop light), it seems to have a rough Idle at times and even got so bad as lurching/shuddering. Idle bouncing between 700-1100rpm. This happens regularly both at a full stop or when starting off/coming to a stop. Starting off, it seems to not sense my foot off the brake quick enough and takes a second before dumping the clutch and lurching forward. The opposite happens when coming to a stop, seems to have a tendency to continue to pull and then immediately opens the clutch. While driving at any considerable speed, the problem goes away. Rpm is steady with steady throttle modulation. Shifting up and down in (D) or (M+-) is smooth through 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th. It's only with Neutral/1st that has the problem. If already rolling at lets say 30mph, I can shift between (D) and (N) without any hiccups. (N) to (R) exhibits similar lurching/shuddering problems. Check my sig for full Mod list. No CELs and I don't have VAG Com so I can't provide any info regarding what it senses or fault codes.

ps: Doesn't feel like the same power loss really that I had with misfires due to bad coil packs a little over a year ago/20k miles ago)

Yea your mods are almost identical to mine and it seems like we are having similar issues. I take it you can still drive yours its just become kind of annoying and stressful as to what is wrong with it. Mine goes in for the full diagnostics Thursday. Ill let you know what they find.

sweatyandreadyb

Ready to race!
So I may have found something to help diagnose this, I ran my Tourqe app and found this in the Vehicle test results. Anyone know what it means. It says
MID:$8f TID:$b1

Min: 22,553 Max: 53218 NOT OK
Current: 5,603

Then this one as well,
MID: $d2 TID:$66

Min: 6,216 Max: 20,480 NOT OK
Current: 65,520

Anyone have any idea what its talking about everything else has a description of what that is but these.

Brawn80

Ready to race!
Started driving it today, from a cold start, in (D) mode car would not shift up, would go all the way to redline at 45mph. After putting it into (M+-) trying to shift it up, no success, remained in 1st gear and in neither mode did it display the (D) or (1) in the top right corner of the MFD. Pulled over, cycled ignition to turn off car, then back on. Car would shift up after that. Previous problem with lurching/shuddering still remains. Here's a video I took of the problem.

http://youtu.be/qMNIfavMmwI

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Started driving it today, from a cold start, in (D) mode car would not shift up, would go all the way to redline at 45mph. After putting it into (M+-) trying to shift it up, no success, remained in 1st gear and in neither mode did it display the (D) or (1) in the top right corner of the MFD. Pulled over, cycled ignition to turn off car, then back on. Car would shift up after that. Previous problem with lurching/shuddering still remains. Here's a video I took of the problem.

http://youtu.be/qMNIfavMmwI

DSG. Dsg. Dsg. Sure sounds like a transmission problem to me. Take it to the dealership.

Edit: I just watched the video. Are you out of your fucking mind? Stop driving the car and tow it to your dealership before you have 60k miles.

Edit 2: This makes me so angry. Poor car.

Last edited:

sweatyandreadyb

Ready to race!
Headed to pick up the car now. So it was diagnosed as carbon build up. I will be getting it done weds. He said it'll run me about 550 does that sound fair?

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
Headed to pick up the car now. So it was diagnosed as carbon build up. I will be getting it done weds. He said it'll run me about 550 does that sound fair?

That doesn't sound out of reason. Little on the high side, but I've seen people change 600. I've also seen people charge 300-400. Just make sure they have pictures and proof... I don't trust anyone.

sweatyandreadyb

Ready to race!
So hate to bring this thread back but I am still waiting to get my carbon clean up due to not being able to get to the shop because they couldn't schedule me. Headed home from school tonight I caught pretty good video of the low rpm issue. You'll hear it and see the rpm needle jump a bit. It is not audio cutting in and out it is the car. http://youtu.be/dy27w6_jQDw

sweatyandreadyb

Ready to race!
Update. Carbon build up was pretty bad and also discovered i had a bad fuel injector now I have to figure out how to get the dealer to fix it.

adam.k6

Update. Carbon build up was pretty bad and also discovered i had a bad fuel injector now I have to figure out how to get the dealer to fix it.

Sorry to bring this back but I really need to know the resolution to this issue my car is also DSG, apr stage 2, and I’m having this EXACT issue.. I’m thinking it’s my turbo or wastegate actuator but reading this is making me change my mind knowing that i am due for a carbon cleaning. So more interested on how it got fixed! Was it the injectors? Or both injector and carbon build up? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
Sorry to bring this back but I really need to know the resolution to this issue my car is also DSG, apr stage 2, and I’m having this EXACT issue.. I’m thinking it’s my turbo or wastegate actuator but reading this is making me change my mind knowing that i am due for a carbon cleaning. So more interested on how it got fixed! Was it the injectors? Or both injector and carbon build up? Thanks!!

The injectors have to be removed to do the carbon cleaning, so if there are any issues with the injectors they may get found during the carbon cleaning. Carbon buildup is like the #1 cause of rough idle.

How many miles on your car? Also what model year?

adam.k6

The injectors have to be removed to do the carbon cleaning, so if there are any issues with the injectors they may get found during the carbon cleaning. Carbon buildup is like the #1 cause of rough idle.

How many miles on your car? Also what model year?

I have a scheduled carbon cleaning next week, but my car just hit 104k and it’s a 2011 GTI

thatspsychotic

Ready to race!
I have a scheduled carbon cleaning next week, but my car just hit 104k and it’s a 2011 GTI

First carbon clean at 104k? Definitely a likely cause of those symptoms. I had my first done at 88k and it made a substantial difference.