GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tow Hooks

goose1

Ready to race!
pardon the necro but anyone think of running a fabric tow strap? I got into a scuffle with a camry the other day and am thinking of cutting out the tiny bit of ruined bumper and bolting in a tow strap to the bumper support as opposed to the factory rear tow hook location.
Edit: by fabric i mean this type

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Not a bad idea. I hate the stock location because you have to remove the stupid cover on the bumper and screw in the "eye bolt".

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I run mine on the back on my TDI as I did on my GTI. Being static low in Ohio it has been used. I just leave it on so I dont have to empty the hatch to get it out if/when I need it again. Its painted black and came OEM so idk why some people call it rice.

gliitch

Ready to race!
its super tacky. like a giant fart can muffler. it screams to world "LOOK AT MY SWEET SUPER FAST RACE CAR!!!!!!"

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Not a bad idea. I hate the stock location because you have to remove the stupid cover on the bumper and screw in the "eye bolt".

What's Wrong with that bro

^ this

Doesn't take that much time, also functional
ppl have tied down canoes with the front and rear tow hooks

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
Instead of a toe hook, has anyone tired to put a tow strap? The only ones I've seen are VW that are right hand drive. And I read that the bolt rotation is different
IMG_5191.jpg

Brawn80

Ready to race!
I could see keeping the tow hook on during the winter. I spent a day pulling a couple cars out. Although I don't keep it on normally.

goose1

Ready to race!
So apparently the shop that took care of my repairs when I got rear ended didn't bother to replace the tow hook bracket, so looks like I'm going to do something with a fabric look in the near future

sent via carrier potato

kiyoshi147

Ready to race!
The "JDM LOL" sticker combined with the actual tow hook is poking fun at the jdm/rice that is over populating the roads. Unless you have a track car or a sticker to make fun of the rice, Ide say its a good idea to leave it off.

I have the factory tow hook painted bright red (literally just dipped it into paint several times and then clear coated) with the JDM LOL arrow on the rear tow point.

I'd only put something off the front point if I moved to a state that needs front plates, or if i had reason to mount a goPro.