GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UBER-STEALTH Under Floor Sub Install

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
The amp is 1200w RMS. It has 3x40a fuses = 120a max. So I was thinking I'd go with 0 gauge. I am going to go with 4 gauge instead. Thanks.

I doubt your amp actually makes that kind of power continuously. New amps these days are GARBAGE with hyped up "power output rating".

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I'm looking to get this going. I want the LOC too although they have a newer version now HERE
Also looking to go with this SUB

I know a D class amp is preferred the JL audio XD300 is a little expensive for me. Can anyone recommend a quality amp that will still satisfy the requirements of this build that is cheaper?

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
This is the amp: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_40252_NVX-JAD1200.1.html

NVD JAD1200.1
Sonic Electronix says they have tested it and it made more than 1,200 watts, so I figure even if the amp I actually get isn't this good, it beats some of the other "1200" watt amps.

That amp may be able to put out that much wattage at burst but consistently do so....nope. Get yourself a smaller old school amp and be done with. The Orion HCCA 225 amp I had is 1000x better than that NVX amp.

NVX: 500watts @ $229 ---- $.46/watt
Orion: 50watts @ $600 ---- $12/watt

THERE IS NO COMPARISON

rich2002tii

I'm looking to get this going. I want the LOC too although they have a newer version now HERE

This is the LOC I got. It seems like the same thing, just a black casing. I will be hooking everything up according to this guide sometime after Christmas and will let you know how it goes.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys with this sub, how is the trunk rattle?
That was my only concern with it under the floor with the spare and all

Sent from phone Tapa

Lay down some sound deadening if you're concerned about vibrations/rattles. There are plenty out there and aren't that expensive.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys with this sub, how is the trunk rattle?
That was my only concern with it under the floor with the spare and all

Sent from phone Tapa

I doubt you'll have any rattle. The floor pan in the hatch is very solid with the spare tire tightened down. If you're having any issues throw some foam weather stripping or something between the floor and the sub box. I have no rattle from the hatch with my JL 10w3 in this side mount enclosure. I did, however throw a *little* sound deadening in the area behind the enclosure.

Philimon

Ready to race!
Never heard anyone have issue with rattles with this sub setup. The enclosure is nice and heavy and the vw is tight.

Surferboy120

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for putting this DIY together. Using this made my install a breeze. I used a different amp and Sub\Box combo but this DIY was priceless and made the install fun rather than a headache. This setup hits super hard and still gives access to the spare tire area. D series amps is the only way to go as they manage heat WAY better than any lower class amp could dream of.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
^^^ adjust your LC2i and turn down the gain on your amp. It will sound much better with less distortion out of the Alpine amp.

Plus, all you need is a #18AWG power/ground wire for the LC2i. It only draws like 1A or so.

Surferboy120

Passed Driver's Ed
^^^ adjust your LC2i and turn down the gain on your amp. It will sound much better with less distortion out of the Alpine amp.

Plus, all you need is a #18AWG power/ground wire for the LC2i. It only draws like 1A or so.

Yup adjustments of the setup are in progress as this pic was right after install. The LC2i is a great device.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
Yup adjustments of the setup are in progress as this pic was right after install. The LC2i is a great device.

Sounds good (pun intended). Yeah, at one point, I got rid of the LC2i and temporarily used one of those cheap PAC brand LOC. It was a mistake. The sound output was noticeably lower and quality was sub-par if at best. Eventually, I bought another LC2i (same newer model as yours).

Surferboy120

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds good (pun intended). Yeah, at one point, I got rid of the LC2i and temporarily used one of those cheap PAC brand LOC. It was a mistake. The sound output was noticeably lower and quality was sub-par if at best. Eventually, I bought another LC2i (same newer model as yours).

The LC2i is great but making sure you read and understand the directions is critical. The directions are easy but people who bypass them thinking they get it will be missing a lot since the Accubass threshold is not easily seen and is key to setting things up right initially. The difference is sound quality is HUGE. I am working to still dial things in but the basics are done. Now I need to meter it to cover what my ears and general setup cannot.

Thanks again this product is one of the best I have run into for our purposes. Clean sound at a great price without being overly complicated.

DigNity914

I soldered into the 12v outlet in the trunk for power and ground.

You used the 12volt to power the amp?!? Please tell how this works out