GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project rebuild (Never part out your car!)

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
So a long time has passed since I was frequent on this forum. I used to drive a bagged out MK6 GTI. Then one day I decided to part it out so I could pick up a new project car an MKIV R32.

My GTI went through a few different phases in the past
Static with some basic cast wheels

Then I discovered OEM+

Then I wanted to go lower so I went on air

Changed up to a more basic wheel

Then I had a friend give her a nice little notch to sit lower.

I even did a (very) basic hardline install

Then I picked up a basic set of wheels so I could have something nice to run while I restored my first set of wheels
IMAG0737 by justin lowe, on Flickr
Then we reached the final stage of my MK6 before it was parted out.

But now I'm getting all back into it, starting with a few things I had laying around and a killer deal I scored on some air ride bits
Untitled by justin lowe, on Flickr
The goal in the end is to have a very clean air ride install, a nice tight aired out fitment, and an overall clean daily driver and keep my R32 for beating on at the track.

Hopefully I'll keep this updated, just entered it into its first show in April, Euro District, so now we have a deadline!

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
link to the r32 build thread?

No build thread really for it, all I've really done is refreshed the suspension, put on good track pads and low tread wear tires for autocrossing.

Can't wait to see what you come up with for round 2!

Thanks!

Are you planning on running camber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably only about as much as I ran before in the rear, and maybe a little bit more in the front this time around.

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
Got some more goodies in the mail!

And accidentally got sent another set of performance fronts lol, I'll be sending this back this week

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
Do it! They stack up quick! Also BagRiders is helping me out since they accidentally mixed up my order. Great folks! Looks like I'll be getting the last piece of my air ride puzzle sooner then expected!
Also got bored and reorganized my parts room.

AnchorsAweigh

Go Kart Champion
First time doing hardlines, not too bad for a DIY job.

Also redid the set up a little bit

I kinda want to add a trunk strut to keep it open or something.