GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil around turbo

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Noticed oil around the turbo and wonder if this is normal? I had the return line replaced by the dealer when they did my rear main seal less than 6k ago. I never have oil spots in my drive way and I just did 1000 miles on my fresh oil change and When I checked the dipstick I was right under the max line. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FF_animal

Ready to race!
As far as my scanner says everything is fine. Car runs fine I just always have this really small oil leak. Like I said tho it never hits my driveway and I'm not losing huge amounts of oil. I wonder if the dealer tightened my return line enough. Have to check after work today

Laimface

Ready to race!
I have oil all over my turbo haha. My DV wasn't tight and my turbo muffler flange is leaking slightly. I really need to get a turbo muffler delete but money is a thing.

FF_animal

Ready to race!
Did a good inspection tonight after work and I think I can safely say the top m8 triple square on the return line that runs to the turbo is leaking. The ones on the block are bone dry and just the top m8 is wet with oil.

My m8 triple square socket I have can't clear the line in front of it so I'll get the proper tool thru Amazon. Happy to say my intercooler hoses are still not leaking since putting in new o rings but I've found yet another suspicious oil seepage. This one is coming from the transmission where it meets the plastic cover.

I checked the dsg filter and it's bone dry up there. This has me concerned as I don't want to drive with low dsg fluid. It's not seeping to the point where it hits the drive way but it is hitting the belly pan and the bottom of the trans is wet. Any of you guys have this or experienced this. I have 1k left on power train so Im more than likely gonna head to the dealer this week. Any input is appreciated.

FF_animal

Ready to race!

Bottom of trans with very light coat of oil on it that's seeping out of the plastic cover

FF_animal

Ready to race!
So I looked at my receipt from my rear main seal repair and it's says they replaced the mechatronic cover and turbo return line gasket, sadly both are still leaking. Car is scheduled to go into dealer today. Hopefully they can get it right this time.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So I looked at my receipt from my rear main seal repair and it's says they replaced the mechatronic cover and turbo return line gasket, sadly both are still leaking. Car is scheduled to go into dealer today. Hopefully they can get it right this time.

good luck

Brawn80

Ready to race!
Happy to say my intercooler hoses are still not leaking since putting in new o rings but I've found yet another suspicious oil seepage.

Where did you find a separate part number for the o-ring? It looks like I might need some too. Along with that I need a replacement o-ring for the lower hose coupling that leads to the radiator. VWs parts catalogue just gives me the full replacement hose. This spring I've been replacing shit all over chasing leaks. I was/am leaking oil, water, and air. Today I replaced a seemingly healthy Rev D DV (I was hoping for that to fix my lack of boost, and well it didn't). When I replaced this, I did notice some oil on one or two bolts on the turbo but they were seemingly not near anything that should be leaking and it was solely on the bolt. On a side note.. when I disconnected the DV connector, a decent amount of oil came dribbling out. It came from within the DV through the small gap the metal prongs come out of from the body of the DV. Already replaced oil pan. It seems like there's some oil seeping out from where the edges of the timing chain cover and the exhaust manifold meet the body of the engine. A lot of my problems seem to be circling back to a possible bad PCV? I'm just starting to get tired of throwing money at the car without knowing if it's a definite fix. Like my water pump and possibly the DV. Both of which still seem to work, it was just more a gasket or an o-ring that needed to be replaced. But each item replaced did get me one step closer to recovery. Plus now I have spare parts for the future. The weeks I've spent waiting for parts to arrive after each new issue I find is grueling. But I still have high hopes for going ko4 this summer. :D

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!

I've got the same oil leaks.....always getting those stupid oil line gaskets replaced.