GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is the GTI your only vehicle?

avni

Ready to race!
That R32 is GORGEOUS

mk5 r32s are some of the best looking hatches in my opinion.

I daily my GTI

love it everyday

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
My Gti is my 1 and only car at the moment. I live in my friends house and there is no more room for a 2nd car or else I would pick up a beater.

Bought this car with 42k on the clock about 3 years ago and its currently at 91k. With the amount of money I've got in this car... I'm going to pay it off by years end and keep it for forever.

Hopefully in about 2 years I'll get a house of my own and retire this car from daily duty and then turn it into my fwd racecar.

In the meantime... I'll daily this car and do autox + track days next year.

I am starting to see some rust on the undercarriage being that I live in new england. If I want to keep it for a longggg time I need to sand that surface rust off and cover it with something like POR15. That'll be done before next winter.

I've had a bunch of Mk4's when I was a teenager in the military lol.

Started with a mk4 2.slow 5 speed which got me into vw's. Then a mk4 Gli 1.8T, Mk4 VR6 Vortech supercharged 5-speed, and a Mk4 R32 that was full bolt.... I'd still have that R today.... and it would be turbo'ed.... if I wasn't stupid and totaled it going 100+ mph. But you live and you learn I guess.... I loved that car... maybe a little more than I love my mk6.

93serprise

Ready to race!
I daily my 2012 Mk6 GTI, but I also have a 91 Nissan NX2000 that I cruise around in with the T tops removed here in Texas :) I also have a modded 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost that I really love to play around in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zef

Drag Racing Champion
GTI is my only car. On the home stretch for mods, once this car is "done" I might pick up a 2nd car to slow down the mileage build up. I like the MK5 R32 as well but I kind of want my 2nd car to be a 6 speed.

phuccer1

Ready to race!
My '12 GTI WAS my only car for the last 5 years. Bought it at 15K miles and still have a year of payments left and my company just gave me a Ford Fusion. I'm an outside sales rep doing over 100 miles a day. The GTI was a much better car to drive around for 100 miles a day then the Fusion for sure.

Now my GTI has about 135k miles and sits in the driveway patiently waiting for me to take her out on the weekends. I've been debating pretty hard on whether I should sell it and get a weekend HPDE. I want a Porsche pretty badly and was thinking of either the 986 Boxster or the 996 Carrera but I have a big concern of leaving this company and only having a 986 or 996 as a DD. I've also considered other HPDE cars that will be more reliable like an FRS or MX-5.

What are your guy's opinions? Keep the GTI, pay it off, and save for a 911 weekend car? Or sell and get an HPDE car now?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
My '12 GTI WAS my only car for the last 5 years. Bought it at 15K miles and still have a year of payments left and my company just gave me a Ford Fusion. I'm an outside sales rep doing over 100 miles a day. The GTI was a much better car to drive around for 100 miles a day then the Fusion for sure.

Now my GTI has about 135k miles and sits in the driveway patiently waiting for me to take her out on the weekends. I've been debating pretty hard on whether I should sell it and get a weekend HPDE. I want a Porsche pretty badly and was thinking of either the 986 Boxster or the 996 Carrera but I have a big concern of leaving this company and only having a 986 or 996 as a DD. I've also considered other HPDE cars that will be more reliable like an FRS or MX-5.

What are your guy's opinions? Keep the GTI, pay it off, and save for a 911 weekend car? Or sell and get an HPDE car now?

Save the GTI. I'd much rather put a paid off GTI into a wall than a six figure Porsche. Unless you want to fork out for track insurance every time you go.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
My GTI is my only car so its my fun DD.

I could have kept my '02 SVT Lightning but didnt/dont need two rides.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
I'm surprised by how many people are using them almost exclusively as a race car. One of the things that makes the GTI special is how usable it is as a daily driver, if you want a race car, why not start with a less expensive car? The GTI is nicer than a lot of it's competition because of the interior and fit and finish, why pay a premium for a nice interior only to gut it for weight saving?

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Slick humble brag, sir.

Sweet TTS.

GTI is my daily baby, man.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
I only have the GTI so I like to racecar my daily on the daily.

Edit: bought new in Oct 2013. Now I'm at 93k miles.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sniper260687

Im surprise of how many drive the GTI as a racecar.

The only reason why i got a GTI as a daily is because the TTS got so uncomfortable with all the mods and power mods, but on the weekends that all goes out the door.

The GTI is a great fucking car man, i always wanted one and finally had a chance to snatch a mint one, not sure if i wanna add exhaust or intake or cobb ap...because thats how it all starts

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!

Yea, I'd pay it off just in case you have to give that work car back. It's only 1 more year now and not your daily so why not use it for track at this point? Then when its paid off and you saved up enough for another track car, switch to that.

I'll have my Gti paid off soon as well and have been researching my next "weekender" car. Mannnnn I want a Porsche bad as well. Been looking at the 987.2 Cayman S but a clean one is just as expensive as a 911 base 997/997.2.

Also throwing around the idea of a C6 vette.

My gti will remain my DD and autox/track car for the next 2-3 years though. Track time wont start till next season. I should probably learn autox better first and get an LSD/bigger brakes before I put it on the track.

Just getting my feet wet this year.

clownish

just clowning around
That modded Ford Flex ecoboost [emoji7] I looked at a few of them but decided they were too large for me. Loved the engine, loved the idea of a mom wagon with an easy 400+ whp sleeper daily. Ended up with my Mk5 r32 because it was an acquaintance's well maintained trade and I got it for a good price. Still kinda want a wagon like a Volvo or a Benz as a daily. Or a SRT magnum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk