GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sequential/dynamic rear turn signals

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Those look awesome, but it looks like you have to buy the set of tail lights with this installed.... I don't think they sell a DIY kit....
I like there headlights and they dont seem to be to bad priced... the only thing that would need to be adressed is they have them set up for right hand drive vehicles and we would need the left hand drive style to not blind people.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey everyone,

Here's a quick update:

I've been working on several products simultaneously, one of which I'm crazy excited about and have been focusing most of my attention on. The turn signals have been delayed a bit but I'm planning on a September release. I do have a quick video of an early prototype so I can upload it and post the link later this week if you guys would like. I just need to register for my trademark and then make a YouTube account. That old prototype didn't have proper amber bulbs so the video makes the turn signal look white-ish but just know that the final version will be a true amber (and plenty bright).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
Now that I'm on my laptop instead of my phone, I can actually respond to all of you.
Will option 3 be in the form of OEM LED tails or reps? If OEM, can someone who already have OEM LED tails send theirs in and have you send them a pair of OEM LED tails with the turn signals installed? This would be sort of a hybrid between #2 and #2, like a trade, to minimize down time?
The beauty of my design is that it can be used in OEM LED tails and even stock halogen tails. And yes, I can send out a set of OEM LED tail lights with the turn signals installed then essentially "buy back" the tail lights you send in.

@zug,
We consider this project abandoned??.

I ask it because if this does not go ahead I will have to look for other alternatives.

:thumbsup:
The final version is in development now, just ironing out the small details at this point.

Yeah, I was wondering this too as I was waiting to see how this went before coming up with my own solution.....
A lot of work went into my solution so that no one else would have to waste as much time on it as I did :lol: The reason it's taking me so long is because nearly all the LED strips on the market aren't bright enough for daytime usage. The ones that are bright enough either don't look as good as I'd like them to or aren't the correct length. That's why I decided to make my own strips with my own sequential patterns.

I saw this video a few weeks ago when it was posted which is why I had a quick video of my first prototype made. I just needed a quick video to get out there so that people know something better is coming.

Wow. They look awesome!
Those do look ok but trust me you'll prefer mine :cool:

Last edited:

cosmo10292

Ready to race!
Just an FYI for everyone:

Osram is working on a set of full led tail lights that will be releasing sometime early next year. They'll will be "Audi inspired" meaning they'll be using acrylic over the LEDs to get that soft singular glow while also having things like sequential turn signals. I have no pictures yet but as soon as I receive any I'll post em

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion

aj_law

Go Kart Champion

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks! I'm pumped!

I'm waiting for someone to buy those and let us know how the quality is.

to be honest they are most likely the same brand that supernova is selling minus the mark up. The brand though is Vland which Imo isn't the best I had 2 sets of their golf r led tails before going oem.

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
to be honest they are most likely the same brand that supernova is selling minus the mark up. The brand though is Vland which Imo isn't the best I had 2 sets of their golf r led tails before going oem.

They must be the same as Supernova's because they look identical and came out the same time. I've never owned Vland but what you just said corroborates everything I've heard about them.