GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > CANADA

Old 08-11-2018, 11:13 PM   #1
kgozi
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: MK5 MK6 GTI
Best site to buy parts for Canadians?

Ive been looking for an exhaust for my 2010 GTI (going stage 2).

Most sites and products are made for American shoppers, Ive had some bad experiences with import charges in the past.

Anyone recommend a site to buy parts for? Or if you have a specific exhaust you recommend im all ears,

thanks.
kgozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:35 PM   #2
drval85
Oval Champion

Drives:
Isn't Unitronic Canadian? I'd check that out.
drval85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 03:14 AM   #3
sprytdi
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: '12' TDi
HPA is located in BC
sprytdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:17 AM   #4
GTI_Hopeful
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2012 Volkswagen GTI
Tdot Performance is based out of Toronto, they have a pretty good inventory to choose from as well!

https://www.tdotperformance.ca/
GTI_Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:41 AM   #5
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Lightbulb

For Regular Parts I found this Canadian site, I haven't bought from them yet but their prices look pretty good,.. planning to buying a few parts soon... .

https://ca.autoshack.com/

EDIT: Seems to be a new vender, limited products but best prices on Front and Rear wheel bearing hands down.

Last edited by MLue1; 09-09-2018 at 10:49 AM. Reason: comment Canadian site, best prices on wheel bearing
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #6
MLue1
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2010 Golf 2.5 CW 5sp / 2009 Tiguan
Lightbulb

Adding NAPA Canada, they have an extensive online parts catalog and you gotta love that they give 10% to CAA Members on in store purchases.

https://www.napacanada.com
MLue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:23 AM   #7
forwardlean
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: CW MK6 DSG GTI
German OEM is good as well. Got a bunch of stuff there.

www.germanoem.ca
Old 09-25-2018, 10:49 AM   #8
Blakcard
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2011 Candy White 2dr 6spd GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_Hopeful View Post
Tdot Performance is based out of Toronto, they have a pretty good inventory to choose from as well!

https://www.tdotperformance.ca/
too fricken expensive. Might as well order from RockAuto.com... ask me how i know
Old 10-05-2018, 08:19 AM   #9
Tech72
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MkVI GTI 4-DR Black DSG
Does anyone know of a shop, retailer or importer that regularly does business with ECS Tuning in the GTA (preferably west end in Mississauga-Burlington)? I need to order a part from ECS, but the shipping cost to Canada is almost as much as the part itself. Then add the brokerage fee and duties and it gets ridiculous.

Thanks in advance for any leads.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:20 PM   #10
93serprise
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: Black 2012 4 door DSG GTI
This makes me sad, as I am in the middle of trying to immigrate to Canada from Texas (Hate it here ). Thinking about moving to New Brunswick or Nova Scotia, but am still open to other areas/provinces. I hate to think about not being able to take my modded GTI with me, but also am trying to find out about all of the fees to get it imported.
CTS K04 w/ Stratified crackle tune ,Unitronic Stage 2 DSG tune, Neuspeed FMIC, Neuspeed TOP, CTS Turbo throttle pipe, Fluidampr, Godspeed DP, Magnaflow CBE, Integrated Engineering intake, R8 Coilpacks, DV+, 30% tint, NS boost gauge kit, BFI torque insert, Spulen dog bone mount, SPM rear sway bar, Eurosport Rear brace, Unibrace UB, H&R SS springs, Depo LED Tails, Blue blindspot mirrors, BFI Stage 2 mounts, Style 628 Alzor wheels, YK580's.
93serprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:24 PM   #11
Tech72
Rally Car Newbie

Drives: MkVI GTI 4-DR Black DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93serprise View Post
This makes me sad, as I am in the middle of trying to immigrate to Canada from Texas (Hate it here ). Thinking about moving to New Brunswick or Nova Scotia, but am still open to other areas/provinces. I hate to think about not being able to take my modded GTI with me, but also am trying to find out about all of the fees to get it imported.
Nothing against our friends in the Maritimes, but why the east coast? Family ties, job prospect, or just none of my freakin' business? Curious as most people heading to Canada would choose Vancouver-Calgary-Toronto-Montreal as these are the economic engines of Canada with a strong job market (albeit high living/housing costs as well). If you do end up in NB or NS, prepare for some serious winter driving conditions. The east coast gets it hard every winter, one snowstorm after another. All the best wherever you go to in Canada.