GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 GTI DSG issue anyone?

Goldie1

Sounds exactly like the issues I had......

Here's the VW approach (we're talking 2010 here):
VW replaced Mechatronics on February 8th (15 days)
VW replaced Clutch packs on March 25th (5 days)
VW replaced Tranmission on April 5th (3 days)

I don't have that GTI anymore. Initially I got mad, and send a letter. I calmed down, hired an attorney, write two more letters, and called it quits. Guess who walked away with a nice check....

FALLENGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds exactly like the issues I had......

Here's the VW approach (we're talking 2010 here):
VW replaced Mechatronics on February 8th (15 days)
VW replaced Clutch packs on March 25th (5 days)
VW replaced Tranmission on April 5th (3 days)

I don't have that GTI anymore. Initially I got mad, and send a letter. I calmed down, hired an attorney, write two more letters, and called it quits. Guess who walked away with a nice check....

Wow. That's a bummer. Why did you call it quits? They should of given you a replacement or did you not even want that?

FALLENGTi

Passed Driver's Ed
So bad/good news, however you want to take it. So 2 days ago I took my car into service and they tried to find the faults I had but they couldn't recreate the issue and everything checked fine. So now I'm not sure what the heck I'm suppose to do cause they said they can't do anything unless they actually see it happen when its in their hands. Really?? It happens occassionally its not everytime but it happened twice to me already. Now I'm pissed. It's not like I'm gonna know when my car is gonna do it. Any suggestions?

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
So bad/good news, however you want to take it. So 2 days ago I took my car into service and they tried to find the faults I had but they couldn't recreate the issue and everything checked fine. So now I'm not sure what the heck I'm suppose to do cause they said they can't do anything unless they actually see it happen when its in their hands. Really?? It happens occassionally its not everytime but it happened twice to me already. Now I'm pissed. It's not like I'm gonna know when my car is gonna do it. Any suggestions?

You might have to wait until you get the Flashes of Death.

It will go into limp mode,turn it off and than restart it.
Take it back to the dealership,it will leave a code and than they will take care of it.

Hopefully it doesn't do this but just in case...don't freak out.

mattbrown

Ready to race!
Mine was even worse that this. I had my DSG go into "Fasle Neutral" while stopped on I-95. They replaced the Mechatronic Unit now all is well. The shuddering you speak of is normal I beleive. Apparently so is a little bit of transmission noise when stopping.