GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why did I buy a VW?

gtipwnz

Ready to race!
Get a new fob for free! Don't settle for less. You should get a new clutch, but definitely not from the dealership.

red_dragon

Ready to race!
the volvo c30/s40 T5 just doesn't have the handling. it's just boring, inside and out, even with those funky looking wheels. volvos niche is safety, and over the years, ALL cars have become safe, so volvo doesn't really have a niche anymore. now they seem to be lost trying to cater to old people, and people who have never driven a german car :laugh:

edit: the c70 coupe was the hottest volvo they ever made (last made in 2002):

C4L

Banned
I actually really really like the C30. Seats were comfy and the interior was ikea-simple and I thought pretty nice. Exterior is unique for sure. I just didn't like the price and complete lack of availability, so I skipped out. That and the gas mileage. I should have test driven it though.

It is a great car. I ALMOST bought one myself but they weren't going to give me enough for the trade-in on my MKV GTI so it didn't make sense.

Im glad I got a GTI instead but I do see C30's on occasion and wonder 'what-if'.

C4L

Banned
the volvo c30/s40 T5 just doesn't have the handling. it's just boring, inside and out, even with those funky looking wheels. volvos niche is safety, and over the years, ALL cars have become safe, so volvo doesn't really have a niche anymore. now they seem to be lost trying to cater to old people, and people who have never driven a german car :laugh:

The R-Design C30's actually handle quite well. And I completely disagree on the boring front. I think the exterior/interior aesthetic is very interesting and intriguing. I think the GTI is a tad boring in comparison actually.

The biggest problem with the C30 is the price. It is probably $2k-$3k too expensive. That and the dealer network is smaller and their supply is limited.

Otherwise, it really is a good car.

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Reason why I'm keeping mine is because of the warranty...09 VW GTI

100,000 miles or 10 years on the DSG :thumbsup:

Only problem I have is the seating in this thing,killing my knee :(

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
lol, yea i was in a bad mood when i wrote this...

1) I dont care if people hate dubstep, actually it would be great if the scene stopped growing so less shitty dubstep would pollute soundcloud.

Is this because of your name? wtf...

2) I now know that I should've researched the clutch issue, my complaint was unwillingness to negotiate LABOR COST, not REPLACEMENT.

You modded and did damage to a clutch... sometimes you learn the hard way my friend

3) Tires still suck, this car is horrible in rain/snow anything slippery

Putting any car in snow without snow tires is asking for an accident. I'm from Canada... nuff said.

4) If you havent spent time in a C30 why are you hating on it? That car has wicked potential IMO, and you never see them on the road. Dont care if it doesn't have lots of room, I am 24 - not a 24y/o with kids.

Glad you feel this way. Great car from what i've read/heard

5) Yes, in terms of OVERALL refinement (considering price) this may be one of the best cars to buy when buying new. I've spent a lot of time now in other cars and laugh at how terribly executed the design/performance is.

You won't find a better car for the money in terms refinement, richness and performance. The GTI is in a league of it's own in this department

Thanks for the comments though, I will be going to another dealer to get a new fob!

:)

vdubstep59

Ready to race!
anyone saying the C30R (not just T5) doesnt handle well has NOT driven one. They are torque monsters, with such a rad sounding engine, and a lower profile than our cars. There isn't anything boring about the C30R except maybe the person driving it lol.

jokerific

Ready to race!
Im glad I got a GTI instead but I do see C30's on occasion and wonder 'what-if'.

Same here!

I test drove one again recently, an R-design, felt quite lovely but after going into the first medium-speed bend I remembered why I got the GTI :thumbsup: C30 = no steering feel by comparison. That and the interior hasn't changed since the 2004 S40...