GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Take over lease, 2.5, 2dr, 5spd - Long Island, NY

XJLI

Hey guys I'm looking to get out of my lease. It's a 2012 2.5 golf 5spd,black on black. I'm trying to save up for a house and the insurance on 2 cars plus the payment isn't making it easy. 36 month lease started 9/12/2011, 12k per year. I'm currently at 10,6xx miles so I'm a little under. Car is unmodified save for the poly trans bushing thing, some 6500k headlights and a Thule bike rack which can stay on the car if the deal needs to be sweetened. Recently had its 10k service at Smithtown vw where I got it.

Has the winter package which comes with blue tooth, heated seats, rear seat cargo area pass through, heated mirrors, carpet and monster mats, mudflaps, and the rear cargo area organizer. No damage except for a pin size paint chip on the hood. Payment is $264.93 a month.

Hubcaps will go back on and come with the car, I just didn't like the way they look so I took them off. PM me here for more info, I'll take some better pics with my real camera if people want them.

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
x2 on selling it outright

No such thing as a lease transfer thru VW. The new owner is added to the lease, but you still stay on the lease and if the new "owner" doesn't make payments....you're still liable for them

snezan

i'm interested... never done a lease transfer before...
email snezanc@gmail.com

was hoping to get a gti 4 door...but the lower payment would be interesting.
located in brooklyn

best,

snezan

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
X2, I called the dealer, they said to call vw credit. Try a different dealer?

Go to the dealer
Have them call or log into VW to get a payoff (you can see the payoff under your online VW account, but the dealer will have a lower payoff amount)
Have the dealer appraise the car
If they're willing to buy it, you pay the difference between the payoff & the appraisal
If they buy it, then you walk away from it

inc55

Go Kart Champion
OP most likely has negative equity unless he put a good amount of money down. Wouldn't hurt to find out.