GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Electrical burning smell & smoke!

sebastian11

Any help greatly appreciated. I have poured over all of the posts in the forum and although some were helpful, I’m having a combination of failures that I believe require some mention. Forgive me for any redundancy. Also I am new to vehicle maintenance. I have a 2014 VW GTI MKVI Wolfsburg Edition.

It has:
117k Miles (!!!)
New Intake Manifold
Recently De-Carbed Intake Valves
3rd set of Coils
2nd set of Sparkplugs (not sure if properly gapped)
New Battery
Recent DSG Service
Recently Replaced A/C compression switch
Recent Oil Change
Aftermarket radiator (front end crash)

Issues I’m currently experiencing:

• Electrical burning smell and white smoke coming from dash - and under the passenger's seat (I think). Happened once before just two weeks ago. The mechanic suspected debris and removed the unstuck hood lining which was leaving fluffy pillow stuff on the engine but it’s happened again. Seemed to coincide with rainy weather (?)

• Gas Gauge says empty and the tank is full (this coincided with today’s smoke)

• Airbag sensor intermittently comes on since accident. (body shop has fixed this one before)

• Occasional front Passenger seat belt light (when seat is empty)

• CEL - U1030 and U102F

• Flashing snowflake saying 13 degrees F (it’s about 65 out) - This just started today
  • Dome lights on when they shouldn't be

I’m not getting any other warning lights other than those mentioned. Please advise. I'm currently not driving it. I'm thinking it may be an electrical problem. I'm taking it to a shop on Tuesday but would love any morsel of information/advice/opinions. I know 117k miles is a lot but is the car done?