GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Did You Do to Your TDI Today?

rs999

Go Kart Champion
VR6Growl, do you find your TDI to be a nice compliment to your GTI or same driving experience?

I was thinking of getting a TDI in either Golf or Touareg form.

And then putting the GTI on hiatus for a while or at least my next track day.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
The TDI is really a perfect middle ground between the GTI and the regular Golf. It has the sport suspension, but a little taller and a little softer than the GTI; so it is more comfortable day to day on normal roads, but handling is a little less crisp than the GTI is. Power and acceleration is down a little from the GTI, but not a ton, and in "normal" driving around town it is just as easy to get up to speed or pass someone with all the low down torque.

I think if you plan to have 2 anyway; get the Golf TDI for your daily and then go all out nuts on the GTI for the track. And yes; I think the the two complement each other perfectly :thumbsup:

PDPCEO

Ready to race!
Ppl with gti catbacks or other gti style exhaust. Is there even a difference in sound? It is just cosmetic ?

butlejas

Passed Driver's Ed
Seriously, no difference on mine. I don't even know why they bother with a muffler at the end of these...

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
Way too much exhaust constriction to get much sound out of it. I really wanna do a custom straight through midpipe back through a GTI valence...maybe next year. 18s and engagement ring payoff is this year :/

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
Just filled up from easily my best tank to date

Bird

Ready to race!
Stage II + DSG tune.
The price difference is negligible between I and II. I spoke with Mark Malone and he said I'd be ok with II without EGR delete.

BlueDubbinTDI

Go Kart Champion
Speaking for most tuner brands stage 1 seems to be about $500-600 out the door. DSG about $700. DPs range like $350-650. What am I looking to spend to get to stage 2?