GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Pressure: Engine Speed Max 4000RPM

AutoBahnMi

this happened to me today. Oil Pressure: Engine Speed Max. 4000rpm. Was driving 60mph on a hwy with multiple curves (Southern State Pkwy in NYC/LI). Pulled off the next exit and checked my oil. It was at maximum level, albeit I believe it was elevated due to driving on the road for the past hour. Visiting the dealership after July 4th weekend to see what they say.

Very peculiar...

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Evan its an electrical gremlin. Some of us get it once and never see it again. Turn your car off and then back on...chances are itll be gone forever. Goodluck

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've seen this once or twice myself too. It happened with no apparent reason and it's been over a year since I've seen it.

rasetsu

Ready to race!
Happened again in bumper to bumper traffic. Chimed once and RPM warning flashed twice. Went away and did not come back once the road opened up and I was able to travel normal highway speeds.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Happened again in bumper to bumper traffic. Chimed once and RPM warning flashed twice. Went away and did not come back once the road opened up and I was able to travel normal highway speeds.

i think its just an electrical gremlin. mine originally click on after i got off the expressway, pulling into my driveway. havent seen it since.

rasetsu

Ready to race!
i think its just an electrical gremlin. mine originally click on after i got off the expressway, pulling into my driveway. havent seen it since.

Seems to be caused by really slow constant speed and nothing else. So odd. I had asked the dealer to check the stored codes last time and they said there were none.

PlaidDad

Ready to race!
First time for me today, had been driving at low speed suburban driving for around 20 min, was do about 30 with mild throttle. Low Oil Pressure do not exceed 4000 RPM message came on and off several times.

Pulled over, checked oil, level fine. Car sat for 20 minutes, restarted and no repeat alarms. Have about 79.5k miles on it...

This stuff will drive you nuts.

rasetsu

Ready to race!
Update: over a year later and light came on again under the same slow speed circumstances. Chimed, flashed, went away. The orange RPM warning flashed two more times as I went up an on ramp and then no more.

Mk6Daddy

Ready to race!
Bump. Happened to me last night. Bumper to bumper traffic, hot night, 4K rpm warning came on. Got home, oil level ok. Started up today, no issue. 2011, about 84k miles. Has anyone come up with a solution?

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I changed the oil pump, main and rod bearings, cam bearing bridge, screens, etc. Basically everything and it was still happening. Finally thought about it a little bit and the only thing left was the balance shafts. Took it apart (again) and they were the culprit. Hasn't been back in almost a year, and it was happening weekly before that.