GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DELETE

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
When I installed it, the only things I didn't like we're the reducing coupling going to the turbo rubs on those steel lines and I felt I needed to add a thin rubber pad to prevent wear from the hose clamp and the line. The metal air box is a tight fit but it isn't bad and it all looks and sounds great so it's definitely worth it. They sell a carbon fiber version I believe.

Easy install. All parts fit fine. Toughest part was getting the 3" hose onto the MAF sensor housing. A little lube and gravity helped.

nickp1

Ready to race!

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
So far I'm really digging all the induction sounds from this intake. Forget about atmospheric blow off adapters.

I also completed a low profile weatherstrip at the hood cowl that's making the sounds more audible. My previous intake was still very quiet even with the weatherstripping not there at all--Very good if you want stealth.

ManofVoice

Ready to race!

nickp1

Ready to race!
I finally installed my intake from ECS. The only issue I have is that it was not a perfect fitment in my case. The mounting point by the battery box was off by about half an inch from the bracket on the intake lining up. Not a big deal I will make another bracket to secure it.

Also I get some harmonics.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
The heat shield was a bit tight but I thought that was necessary to ensure a good seal. The secondary breather bracket also was a bit awkward installing it but it all ended up ok. I get a whistle when I punch it though I always wonder what they could be??
The whistle is from the DV. This is a common issue with any "stage 2" intake. Can be fixed with rev D or DV+.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

nickp1

Ready to race!
The heat shield was a bit tight but I thought that was necessary to ensure a good seal. The secondary breather bracket also was a bit awkward installing it but it all ended up ok. I get a whistle when I punch it though I always wonder what they could be??

What do you mean by the breather bracket?

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
im contemplating this intake but I legit dont understand were the maf sensor goes. Can someone help?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's likely just pointed down and on the bottom side of the tubing. It's between the ecs coupling and the accordion like coupling.