GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bye bye GTI, hello BMW 135is ...

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Really considering trading my GTI for a 135is (used) or a G8 GT/GXP. Let us know how it compares to the mk6!

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Really considering trading my GTI for a 135is (used) or a G8 GT/GXP. Let us know how it compares to the mk6!

according the jeremy clarkson, the 1m is like a gti with rwd, and also nothing beats bmw in terms of power versus drivetrain and fun to drive factor and definitely choose bimmer over american cars, but thats just me

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
according the jeremy clarkson, the 1m is like a gti with rwd, and also nothing beats bmw in terms of power versus drivetrain and fun to drive factor and definitely choose bimmer over american cars, but thats just me

Well the 1M is quite a jump from the GTI and over twice as much, I'm looking at lowly 135s :D

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Congrats on the new car. Beautiful color. The thread title looks close to familiar :p

Seems many VW/BMW back and fourth folks on here.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Well the 1M is quite a jump from the GTI, I'm looking at lowly 135s :D

from what i read a long time ago a dinan stage 2 or 3? on a 135i can do better numbers than a stock 1m. if i get that then thats what I'm gonna do. I'm considering to get a z3 3.0i or M 3.2 myself within 2-3 years as 2nd car, possibly shorten the gear ratios or something. my uncle used to have a 2001 3.0i hatch with shortened gear ratios, and some mods i didn't know about that beats stock e46 m3s at the track, it was a fun little beast and drifts easy as hell with the DTC off

Last edited:

Brendon

Ready to race!
Congrats dude. Hate to see the GTI go. Enjoy the new purchase.

b_waggs83

Ready to race!
congrats! I look forward to hearing what the driving impressions are. I test drove a 135i a while ago and it was amazing. Congrats again on an amazing car.

BackToVWs

Ready to race!
Unbelievably jealous. The 135 is a dream car of mine. Im still not a 100 % fan of the pot belly side profile, but its a wicked car

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
nice. rad car.

fifty grand for a little 2 door w/no backseat. insanity

Dude, I thought I misread that and had to tripe check. Yikes!