GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reputable VW independent shop in SF Valley

jayczer0one

Ready to race!
Hi,

Yesterday my 2010 GTI finally gave me engine problems. My EPC light came when I started pressing the gas pedal from a stoplight. Then came on the blinking Check engine light and lost power. Last but not the least white smoke started coming off of my exhaust. Winged it to get back home.

OBD 2 reader gave me 3 codes: P0300, P0301, & P0304. Mult cylinder misfire and cylinder 1&4 misfires respectively.

Ordered coilpacks already just in case thats the only problem to fix (hopefully), but doubtful. So Im trying to look and ask you guys if anybody can recomend a reputable VW indipendent shop in the SF Valley area?

Thanks in advance for any advice or recomendations!

-jay

vladius

i got my apr tune at Ingolstadt west. it’s right by the westfield mall in woodland hills l.

i thought they seemed honest and good and their lead mechanic and owner is ridiculously qualified .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayczer0one

Ready to race!
Update: Replaced coils and plugs and no go. Decided to get it towed to the dealership and it was covered by extended emissions warranty. Fuel injector 1 malfunction. Replaced fuel injector and now working good again.

SteveInLA

Ready to race!
I can also recommend Ingolstadt West in Woodland Hills. Ridiculously qualified describes Ian perfectly. They did my APR tune, springs, shocks and struts and timing chain tensioner replacement. They charge less than a dealership and more than a generic mechanic, but paying a little bit extra means you only cry once.

jayczer0one

Ready to race!
Way overdue update: the fuel injector was the problem. Dealership replaced it under warranty. So zero cost. But since theyre there had the engine decarbed as well, for a fee.

Cpuga93

Ready to race!
Way overdue update: the fuel injector was the problem. Dealership replaced it under warranty. So zero cost. But since theyre there had the engine decarbed as well, for a fee.

How did the dealership cover this under warranty? Isn’t it a 2010? I’m curious to know just in case I run into a similar issue. Thanks!

Donutman

Passed Driver's Ed
Advanced autowerks in sf. Dude if you are any where in the bay... go see them. Great group of people!