GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad idea for APR Tune w/ no muffler?

ArizonaMK6

Hi! I recently bought a Mk6 and I could not be any happier. It's my first car I bought on my own. I had some work done to the car to make sure it's in tip top shape. I wanted to move to stage 1 Apr Tune. I read on the website you need the factory down pipe. Thing is, the car has the factory down pipe, but the previous owner removed the muffler. Will this have any adverse effects if I decide to tune the car?

ahard48

Ready to race!
No, it'll be fine.

avni

Ready to race!
A real question

I have APR Stage 2.4+ software. My Rev limiter doesn't disable when I turn off traction control. Anyone know why? Was there a new update or something..my cousin just recently went stage 1 apr and his limiter was removed.

not like I free rev anyway just curious.

thanks

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
A real question

I have APR Stage 2.4+ software. My Rev limiter doesn't disable when I turn off traction control. Anyone know why? Was there a new update or something..my cousin just recently went stage 1 apr and his limiter was removed.

thanks

Are you DSG or MT?

MTBFL1

Ready to race!
A real question

thanks

Would that be the 4k limiter while you're in neutral (I think they did away with the "2 step" from the old revisions) or the redline one that keeps you from blowing your engine?

avni

Ready to race!
I am DSG.

In both Park or Neutral the rev is limited to 4k.

I was told by a friend I could rev past 4k if I disable ESP but it didnt work :D

avni

Ready to race!
Really? Jeez I've been hearing from some guy on IG and my cousin. I thought my cousin was DSG lol

OH WELL

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I had my DSG flashed and the tuner asked me what I wanted my LC rev limiter to be set at but I just told him 4k. Its practically useless anyway without very very sticky tires. I found I got my best 60's at the track (with Pilot Sport AS/3+ all seasons) by to holding it at ~2500-2800rpm and easing into it after launching

avni

Ready to race!
The only thing I'd do without a limiter is Free reving for fun. (I do not do this regularly) LOL

I used launch control maybe 4 times since I got it. Not that fun tbh

Dans GTI

Ready to race!
Nope you'll be completely fine.