GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
jesus christ, Why/how would someone torque the caliper bolts that much?

#steam

What circus monkeys built your car? Lol

Circus monkeys. Exactly right.

Just when I thought I'd finally lowered my expectations (posthumously) I find I need to lower them more to be able to say "meets expectations". Sigh.

What was supposed to be an hour job last night to swap over new rotors and pads at all 4 corners took 3+ and that was just to complete the fronts....

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
i see mk7 gtis everywhere now, hardly see mk6...they mustve increased production numbers by a decent amount. :iono:

same here - starting to see a lot of mk7, still see a fair amount of mk6 though. I wave to them all - rarely get a wave back

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Watched ptaks vid. Lawd that smoothness. Good stuff. Easy to see where I'm leaving time on the track after watching that. I need to get on this gps data stuff.

There are lots of areas of improvement from that video, I made a lot of changes in the last session of the day once I was comfortable enough in the car to let the driving mechanics fall to the background, where I could concentrate more on what I was doing. Unfortunately both the AiM box and my GoPro went dead 2 laps into the last session.

Went later/wider into T16 (go past the 1 marker for sure), that opens up the turn a lot. I was also pinching T6... you don't want to go ALL the way left on entry but more "up the middle" (say, aim for mid-point between the 1 and 2 brake markers you can see ahead of you... so the "1.5" if you will)... I was focusing (for some reason?) on the "1" marker instead of the mid-point between 1/2. Too much going on in my brain, worried more about the car itself... listening to bangs and clunks and shit and wondering "is the car going to stop this time?"

Jim did you end up selling that gps module for harrys lap timer? I'll take it if not

No I didn't... he didn't come through.

Dubya is next. If he don't want it, you can have it.

Dubya - what say you? If you want it let's connect on the exchange. Probably easiest if you meet me at my office during the week since you're already a city folk?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

There are lots of areas of improvement from that video, I made a lot of changes in the last session of the day once I was comfortable enough in the car to let the driving mechanics fall to the background, where I could concentrate more on what I was doing. Unfortunately both the AiM box and my GoPro went dead 2 laps into the last session.

Went later/wider into T16 (go past the 1 marker for sure), that opens up the turn a lot. I was also pinching T6... you don't want to go ALL the way left on entry but more "up the middle" (say, aim for mid-point between the 1 and 2 brake markers you can see ahead of you... so the "1.5" if you will)... I was focusing (for some reason?) on the "1" marker instead of the mid-point between 1/2. Too much going on in my brain, worried more about the car itself... listening to bangs and clunks and shit and wondering "is the car going to stop this time?"
?
I'm going to watch it again shortly and read your comments at the same time to see what you're talking about.

No I didn't... he didn't come through.

Dubya is next. If he don't want it, you can have it.

Dubya - what say you? If you want it let's connect on the exchange. Probably easiest if you meet me at my office during the week since you're already a city folk?

Dubya? Our Dubya? He drives on the track???????? Or does the gps thing have the ability to measure times between his house and grocery store?

Status
Not open for further replies.