GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for a better sounding exhaust

HandicappedGTI

Ready to race!
i have a full billy boat 3 inch turbo back, its one of the louder exhausts imo, but its not unbearable to drive on the highway either, very deep and gargles alot lol

sauceman101

Ready to race!
AWE downpipes with 200 cel cat. and Magnaflow cat back. Sounds deep, I love it, pops on hard upshifts. Drones a little bit on the highway when going up hill at 80 in 5 or 6th. Completely livable on the highway at 80 when road is flat.

Took a 1000 mile road trip with a buddy two weekends ago who had never been in the car. He came from a '18 jeep with the nicer interior. He didn't mention the sound once so it can't be bad at all.

Last edited:

m0j0jojo

Passed Driver's Ed
Go with a resonator delete first. I don't know your financial situation but for me, it was $50 well spent. Its honestly one of the best things ive done to my car. No drone, not too loud and has that little bit of throaty sound that sounds good. Makes the car good but its not obnoxious.

Thanks for everyone suggests, but because my budget is too low for a good sounding exhaust, im going to save up a bit more, and in the mean time just gonna look into getting a resonator delete, Thanks for the advice Korydogg.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I'm using a Magnaflow with Eurojet DP and it sounds like a standard 4 banger. Nothing impressive, lol.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
try Noyzboys in Scarborough.. also any local custom exhaust shop could probably put together a cat back exhaust for you budget depending.

Korydogg

Ready to race!
Thanks for everyone suggests, but because my budget is too low for a good sounding exhaust, im going to save up a bit more, and in the mean time just gonna look into getting a resonator delete, Thanks for the advice Korydogg.

Legit!

This was basically my plan. I did the resonator delete first thinking that if I didn't like it I'd be ok with sacrificing a small bit of money and I could always swap to a full exhaust. Its been 10K miles later and I have no plans to change the exhaust. It sounds good without the resonator.

The only drawback is you still have that ugly stamped piece of muffler hanging on the back of your car.

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
Check out YouTube to compare exhausts.

The APr sounds good, and I think COBB sounds amazing. Everyone loves GHL, but they don't make them anymore.

herrerafavian2

I have a Borla CBE and love it. No drone and a nice rumble. I get compliments all the time.
+1 Heck yeah! Mine came with Borla and man do I love it! Super mellow at highway speeds but soon as I give it gas it sounds great and not raspy or ricey.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I’ve heard good things about AWEs exhaust.

I love mine! Got their full TBE. It’s got a nice deep tone and gurgles when easing through parking lots and what not. The DSG shifts crack when WOT. Get slight drone as other has mentioned, but only around that 80 mph range because the RPMs are in that funny zone. Otherwise cruising around it can be very quite if need be. I’m stage 2 so a 2.5” downpipe isn’t a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk