GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heater core flush tips

FF_animal

Ready to race!
So the girlfriends mk6 gli heater core seems to have become clogged based on what I've read. I am unable to run my water hose outside my apartment to flush the core and my garage at my apartment has no water access near it. Does anyone have any tips to do this flush with out using a water hose or compressed air? I would rather try flushing this core to bring some heat back before I attempt to replace it. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
So the girlfriends mk6 gli heater core seems to have become clogged based on what I've read. I am unable to run my water hose outside my apartment to flush the core and my garage at my apartment has no water access near it. Does anyone have any tips to do this flush with out using a water hose or compressed air? I would rather try flushing this core to bring some heat back before I attempt to replace it. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
If the core is clogged with sediments you will need to use alot of water to totally flush whatever agent you use to break up the sediments clogging the heater core.

On my cars, I've been lucky or maybe cos I change my coolant regularly I've never had a clogged heater core. I've helped others a few times to clear their heater cores on various cars using CLR cleaner, once it starts to work you will see the reaction and want to get it all out before putting fresh coolant.

EDIT: The only low heat conditions I've had, has been related to a weak thermostat and another time was a small leak in the radiator core between the AC condenser and the radiator (you could see the pink coolant foam at the leak) which causes air in the system, once rad replaced and system bled the heater worked fine after.

ALWAYS USE DISTILLED WATER !!!

Last edited: