GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

“Check Right Front Light”

Hi! Long time reader, first time poster ?

I searched the forum and the interwebs for a solution to my Check front right light error to no avail. I have 2011 GTI stock lights with the bi-xeon bulbs. the parking light was out. i replaced it and the error still pops up. i tried switching the bulb with the one on the left and continue to get the error. i took them both out and they both error but when i reinstalled them the right one still throws an error. interestingly enough, if the car is off and i turn the lights on, no error, only after i start the car does it error out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In other news, my sunroof is clogged and leaking into the car. $280 to fix. i can’t win with this car but i still love her.

gdub09

Ready to race!
Regular bulbs or LED?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
have you tried swapping bulbs. Move the one that isnt working to the other-side that you know is working and see if it works there. If it does then something is wrong with your connection, wire, or fuse.

Is the bulb lighting up with the error or is it not lighting up on that side at all?

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
I had the same error message but for the left front light.

Pretty sure I know why though.

Have you struck something with the front right part of your car and just not noticed it...?

:D

Sorry, don't mean to make light of your situation.

:cool:

I'd swap the bulb and unplug the battery to reset everything.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Have you struck something with the front right part of your car and just not noticed it...?

thatl buff out.

i literally lol’d when i saw this. thanks for that :) i’ll try the battery thing as i’ve already tried switching the bulbs. the error doesn’t follow the bulb. grr

I had a similar problem a few years back. It turned out that some sort of rodent had chewed through a wire. The annoying little bastard did it a couple of times and I ended up having to replace the whole socket and wire.