GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED DRL CODING ISSUES

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
I did this retrofit last year on a 2011 GTI and recorded some crucial pieces of information. I had a highline CECM and OEM non-LED Xenons. I did not have to add any additional wires.

"Anyone that is coding LED headlights for a 2010 or 2011 I think the key is changing byte 18 to 20. And then enabling LED DRLs (Bit 2) on byte 27."

I hope this helps you!

geramy1232

Ready to race!
Also are you sure that’s t52a and not t52c? And as I’ve already asked (and I suspect this is the issue) does the actual bcm have the pins in it for the LED wires??? NOT the plug, THE BCM!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I haven’t had time to keep on messing with the lights but the BCM you had posted is not the one I have. Mine is this one and includes pin 6

geramy1232

Ready to race!
I did this retrofit last year on a 2011 GTI and recorded some crucial pieces of information. I had a highline CECM and OEM non-LED Xenons. I did not have to add any additional wires.

"Anyone that is coding LED headlights for a 2010 or 2011 I think the key is changing byte 18 to 20. And then enabling LED DRLs (Bit 2) on byte 27."

I hope this helps you!

My current coding is 6F-18-0A-3E-80-25-2A-04-00-08-00-80-31-00-09-00-43-15-20-86-53-4D-8D-F0-64-84-00-00-00-00
I don’t know if there is a certain way to code byte 18 like first code byte 18 do it, close everything, and then turn off ignition and wait 2 minutes and then turn on any other bytes that you want? (I read that in a forum)

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Hey guys, I haven’t had time to keep on messing with the lights but the BCM you had posted is not the one I have. Mine is this one and includes pin 6

I have no idea if this picture is of your actual bcm or not? But in this picture pin 6 is MISSING!! I have to admit though I am a little confused now, I can’t find any 087 controllers online that appear to have a pin in #6 T52a location!

Here’s another link I used when fitting my xenons, which may or may not be of help to you,
http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?14428-DIY-OEM-Bixenon-Headlights-CECM-Upgrade-and-AFS

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I have just remembered that you seem to need at least BCM firmware 0575, which is the minimum to run LED xenon's as far as I could make out during my research before install.

I think we can now assume that all the required wiring is in place within your loom, So it is either coding, firmware of the BCM, missing pins of the BCM, (now confused about this one!) although it is possible on this year of gti that the wiring was fitted at factory but an unsuitable BCM was installed, which was the case for the cruise control wiring for 2009/2010, the wires were there but with a standard stalk and coding, where as later models didn’t have the wiring fitted unless cruise was specified at build!

Not sure if I’ve already linked this but here’s another post with coding!
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?4630-Golf-6-xenon-with-led-drls-coding

Last edited:

geramy1232

Ready to race!
I have no idea if this picture is of your actual bcm or not? But in this picture pin 6 is MISSING!! I have to admit though I am a little confused now, I can’t find any 087 controllers online that appear to have a pin in #6 T52a location!

Here’s another link I used when fitting my xenons, which may or may not be of help to you,
http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?14428-DIY-OEM-Bixenon-Headlights-CECM-Upgrade-and-AFS

Yes the one in this picture is the exact one I have. The one I have does have all the pins including pin 6

geramy1232

Ready to race!
I have just remembered that you seem to need at least BCM firmware 0575, which is the minimum to run LED xenon's as far as I could make out during my research before install.

I think we can now assume that all the required wiring is in place within your loom, So it is either coding, firmware of the BCM, missing pins of the BCM, (now confused about this one!) although it is possible on this year of gti that the wiring was fitted at factory but an unsuitable BCM was installed, which was the case for the cruise control wiring for 2009/2010, the wires were there but with a standard stalk and coding, where as later models didn’t have the wiring fitted unless cruise was specified at build!

Not sure if I’ve already linked this but here’s another post with coding!
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?4630-Golf-6-xenon-with-led-drls-coding

It have to say it is coding because the wiring is there and pins as well. So I went ahead and started checking each of the pin in the headlight connector and I have no power on pin 12 which I believe is the one to the DRL. Pin 10 turns on but when I switch the light switch to the on position.