GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Jemin_G

Go Kart Newbie
I was kidding, but yeah he's on HPA SHS coilovers & it's tinted

True, but he had a CSG 4 door too with the exact same (silver) wheels like brobst

I kind of thought you might be kidding (of course after my reply). Sorry I came across taking it too seriously, a problem I have to work on. Found them on TireRack for around $600 for four on closeout. It was either this color or black at the time.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
So turns out i'm an idiot and those arent the bolts that need to come out, it's the black ones next to them. Good to know and i'm hoping I never have to take those out because that won't be frun

I was gonna say...you just remove the whole core support with the headlights attached

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Disconnected soundaktor. It was so quick and easy, I wish I had done it a long time ago. I think it sounds much better now. Being between the engine bay and the cabin, it was masking most of the car's natural intake noise. I like intake noise, so I like that now I hear more of the "whishhh" instead of the "wahhhhh". I also love that now there's less cruising drone, since that would actually bother my ears on longer drives.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Disconnected soundaktor. It was so quick and easy, I wish I had done it a long time ago. I think it sounds much better now. Being between the engine bay and the cabin, it was masking most of the car's natural intake noise. I like intake noise, so I like that now I hear more of the "whishhh" instead of the "wahhhhh". I also love that now there's less cruising drone, since that would actually bother my ears on longer drives.

i always get a kick out of people who dont think this is a good idea

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Finally got my 40k DSG service done on Saturday. I went with Motul. Will see how it performs over the next 40k lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phur

Autocross Champion
Finally got my 40k DSG service done on Saturday. I went with Motul. Will see how it performs over the next 40k lol.

I’m going to be doing my 80k soon. I went with Motul last time and have been happy with it... if it ain’t broke...

torga

Autocross Champion
Dumb P2015 popped up for me today. And this is after the IM was replaced under warranty by the dealer, two weeks ago. So, I suppose luckily it's the same code and I likely won't pay a dime.
But it's pretty inconvenient - they can't get me in until next Monday and I was planning on driving home for Thanksgiving this week.

Anyone have any luck with the ECS manifold fix/preventative cap? I angrily ordered it today, so I'll be installing once the manifold is either fixed or replaced.

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
P2015 Intake Manifold Not Under Warranty

Well got the P2015 and my intake manifold is not covered under and "extended warranty" what it was is a "service campaign" covered under select VINs. Which mine is not part of. I'm having my mechanic take care of it and a carbon cleaning and keeping the receipt in hopes of a future where VW says oh our bad and reimburses me like the water pump.

I took the car into the stealership hoping it was under warranty but since it wasn't had to pay a $134 "diagnostic fee" and wait 2.5 hours for them to look up my VIN. I did get a "complimentary" car wash though so that's something. They quoted me $1300 for intake replacement and carbon clean.

Really why would anyone go to the dealership? I really wish I had a dealership like the Pasadena CA one people rave about. My indie guy though is charging me $875 for intake manifold swap and carbon cleaning and is taking pictures for me to share with you fine folks.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Really why would anyone go to the dealership? I really wish I had a dealership like the Pasadena CA one people rave about. My indie guy though is charging me $875 for intake manifold swap and carbon cleaning and is taking pictures for me to share with you fine folks.

Even with my manifold under warranty I didn't take it to the dealership. You want to charge me $500 for a carbon cleaning while you're already doing the manifold and you can't even guarantee that the manifold will be replaced under warranty? You can fuck right off and I'll be visiting my regular mechanic.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Well got the P2015 and my intake manifold is not covered under and "extended warranty" what it was is a "service campaign" covered under select VINs. Which mine is not part of. I'm having my mechanic take care of it and a carbon cleaning and keeping the receipt in hopes of a future where VW says oh our bad and reimburses me like the water pump.

I took the car into the stealership hoping it was under warranty but since it wasn't had to pay a $134 "diagnostic fee" and wait 2.5 hours for them to look up my VIN. I did get a "complimentary" car wash though so that's something. They quoted me $1300 for intake replacement and carbon clean.

Submit it to VWOA. They might cover the cost of the part. Mileage?