GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MkVI GTI Bulb Reference Guide - thanks Sylvania!

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
Sylvania FINALLY added 2010 to their Lamp Replacement Guide - http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/default.htm

Let's start our Bulb Reference here and fine-tune it - suggestions and corrections welcome!

Note: As of now, US Spec only!

2010 Golf & GTI with halogen headlamps

Low beam headlamp = H7

High beam headlamp = H15

Front turn signal = 5202 amber

2010 Golf & GTI With HID headlamps

High & low beam headlamp = HID-D1S

2010 GTI (All)

Fog/Driving light = H8

2010 Golf with Fogs

Fog/Driving light = 9006 (HB4)

2010 Golf & GTI (All)

Parking light = 2825

Rear turn signal = 992 (7440A)

Tail light = 921

Stop light = 921

High mount stop light = LED

License plate = 2825

Back up light = 7440

Front sidemarker = 2821

Interior:

Map light = 2825

Step/Courtesy/Footwell light = 2721, 6418, 194

Last edited:

Rumble79

Ready to race!
Finally indeed, but don't forget about the regular Golfs and TDIs :D

2010 VOLKSWAGEN Golf (With halogen capsule headlamps)

Low beam headlamp = H7

High beam headlamp = H15

2010 VOLKSWAGEN Golf (With HID (high intensity discharge) headlamps)

High & low beam headlamp = HID-D1S

2010 VOLKSWAGEN Golf (All)

Parking light = 2825

Front turn signal = Assembly

Rear turn signal = 992 (7440A)

Tail light = 921

Stop light = 921

High mount stop light = LED

Fog/Driving light = 9006

License plate = 2825

Back up light = 7440

Map light = 2825

Step/Courtesy light = 2721 / 6418

Daytime running light = H15

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
yay for reference threads! Need more stickies.

Legohed

Ready to race!
Can I add that for the TSi, the fog bulb is HB4 NOT H8. I now have a pair sat at home doing nowt! Wish I'd taken out the bulb first and looked... :mad0259:

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
Can I add that for the TSi, the fog bulb is HB4 NOT H8. I now have a pair sat at home doing nowt! Wish I'd taken out the bulb first and looked... :mad0259:

is the UK TSi the US Golf? if so i will note it that way...

Legohed

Ready to race!
If I'm reading you right, no. TSi is a Golf engine model - completely different to GTi in spec and performance, like the GTi is different to the 'R'. I guess it's not available in the US, but for the English folk....

Last edited:

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
If I'm reading you right, no. TSi is a Golf engine model - completely different to GTi in spec and performance, like the GTi is different to the 'R'. I guess it's not available in the US, but for the English folk....
no bro, yer actually not reading me right... i asked "is the UK TSi the US Golf?" not "is the UK TSi the US GTI?"...

from VW.CO.UK it looks like that'd be an S or SE... with the smaller 1.4L engine, and which is under the Golf heading...

if someone wants to verify the bulb info and let me know, i'll note it as such...

thanks!

Legohed

Ready to race!
no bro, yer actually not reading me right... i asked "is the UK TSi the US Golf?" not "is the UK TSi the US GTI?"...

from VW.CO.UK it looks like that'd be an S or SE... with the smaller 1.4L engine, and which is under the Golf heading...

if someone wants to verify the bulb info and let me know, i'll note it as such...

thanks!

Haha! So I was right in my answer, but didn't explain it to well!:D:D:D. Think I missed the word 'say' just before the GTi bit, would have made a whole of difference. The fog bulb is defo HB4 in there anyway.

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
does anyone know the temperture of the HID head lights? i was thinking they might be like 5,000k

hpbunaes

Help replacing fog lamps

I replaced the H7 low beam bulbs, piece of cake, but can't seem to get the fog lamp bulbs to budget and am afraid of breaking them... anyone done it, can someone tell me how it's done? The manual is useless.

HP

kisselvw

Front turn signals in the halogen capsules are 5202 amber. FYI, the exact same assembly with clear bulb can be purchased at your local Chevy dealer, as it is the same as the foglight in the 2010 Camaro.

RiVoT1

Ready to race!
Front turn signals in the halogen capsules are 5202 amber. FYI, the exact same assembly with clear bulb can be purchased at your local Chevy dealer, as it is the same as the foglight in the 2010 Camaro.
added to post #1 - thanks!

typev1020

How to replace low beam H7 non HID

It is hard to replace the low beam H7 light bulb on 2010 GTI? the space since to be really tight ..
How to you replace the H7 light bulb on 2010 GTI (non HID) ? Any manual or instrustion out there?

TRxxPAxxS

Anyone know what the front turn signal bulb size is for the HID headlights?

TRxxPAxxS

Without taking apart the front housing (which is what you would have to do) the bulbs seem to look like a 906 style. Can anyone confirm/deny this?