GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Scuffed Seat!

DaMutt

I've had the car for about 3 weeks now and have put 730 miles on it so far. Went to get in today and noticed that the outside edge of the upper bolster already has a big scuff / wear mark on it. Seriously? I am thinking this was there when I bought the car and I just noticed it. Anyone else with this problem? Are VDub seats just easy to scuff?

Trinite77871

Passed Driver's Ed
i scuffed my R32 seat with a pair of cargo shorts that had buttons on the back pocket, i cut the buttons out of the shorts that night and have had more VW's then pairs of pants/shorts with buttons or studs/rivets on the backside since.

other than that i don’t think that they scuff any easier then any other leather out there

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
I always push the seat back when getting out, makes it easier for entry/exit and gives you more room so you don't have to rub up, squeeze in and brush bolster, that is unless you are 6 foot 5.

ides1056

Ready to race!
Climbed in my car with a knife in my back pocket- had used it for cutting open a bag of chicken feed. Went through the leather like it was butter. Luckily not obvious.
The seats are very fine leather. I put a towel over the driver's seat to keep my jeans from wearing it. I'm sure you can fix the scuff with a bit of Lexol and/or colored shoe cream.

rj45

Passed Driver's Ed
Unfortunately, this happens with all leather car seats. Just have to avoid constantly brushing the bolster when getting in the car, especially when wearing jeans or clothing with buttons, zippers, etc.

The good thing about leather is that it can be repaired and re-dyed. Depending on how bad the damage is, it can usually be brought back to almost new. There is likely a good auto leather repair guy near you. Either look online or in the phone book, or ask around at the local dealerships for the mobile service they use for spot-repairing their used cars. These services usually perform minor paint and body work, paint-less dent removal, leather repair, etc. Some are purely a mobile service, others also have a shop where you can bring the car.

DaMutt

Touched it up with a bit of Kiwi black shoe polish. Buffed it and wiped away any excess and you can barely tell where it was.