GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My employer offers a Vehicle Discount Program

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
While talking to a co-worker today who is considering a VW vehicle, I found out that our employer offers a Vehicle Discount Program that covers VW and Audi, among other brands.

Using the program requires some simple paperwork and is supposed to be good for about 6% off dealer invoice. VW reserves the right to exclude vehicle models from the program, but the list of excluded models is currently empty.

I'm planning on moving from my MKV GTI to a MKVII Golf R when it comes to the US next year, hopefully it won't be added to the list of excluded vehicle models.

VW has a website HERE that has more information. The site is for VW/Audi employees, and partner company employees.

Has anyone here ever used this program? If so, what has been your experience? Is it worthwhile, or do you feel you can do better by doing your own negotiating or using a service such as TrueCar?

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I work for Whirlpool who offers a 2% discount on Fords. Not worth it to me, especially with the father-in-law-used-car-salesman discount :D

butchered by autocorrecr

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
I work for Whirlpool who offers a 2% discount on Fords.
Yeah, Ford is included in our program as well, though I'm not sure what the discount is. I'm just not interested in anything they have to offer -- even the Focus ST isn't that appealing to me.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
indeed, many companies have programs like this. Some have several different mfg's actually, but all different deals/situations.

bimmer635csi

Ready to race!
I used this program when I ordered my GTI. The "partner company" was due to my membership in the SCCA.

It worked without a hitch, but I had time to work out any wrinkles because I was waiting for my car to be built and shipped. But it truly was as simple as filling out a simple form and giving it to the sales guy when we were negotiating dates & costs.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I got mine for $1k off invoice due to it. In the grand scheme of things it wasn't that much since I think I could get more off Ford or GM. But at the time they had no offering I was considering(2011, pre-ST Fords). The program excludes TDIs, which was what I thought I want...

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
I used the Zag car buying program through Amex. It was really simple. I just chose the dealer, printed out the quote, and bought the car. I compared and it looks like it gives more of a discount than your partner site. Not sure though.

amexnetwork.zag.com/new-car.html

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
My company also has supplier discounts for many brands.

OP: I haven't checked the VW discount since I was able to negotiate a great price on the two I bought w/o any extra help. But, if you click through to get your certificate, for example with Audi you will get the models that are not covered under the discount. The certificate when you put in your company info and your name gives you the details.

For Audi, they currently won't honor it on RS5, RS5 Cabrio, Q5 Hybrid, TT RS, RS7, A8 W12, and R8 models w/o prior written permission.

Most of the time the deal can be beaten with normal negotiations, but they will not accept the certificate and negotiate from all reports. For people that can't/don't know how to deal with sales, it's decent for sure.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
As I mentioned earlier, the VW partner program currently has no vehicles on the excluded list:

http://www.vwpartnerprogram.com/vw/partner/program/eligiblevehicles

However, I noticed that vehicles like the GTI and Golf R can't currently be ordered -- the only option is to search dealer inventory. I believe that's because of the upcoming model change to the MQB/MK7 vehicles -- VW just isn't willing to custom-build MK6s anymore and is trying to clear out the vehicles already here.

Thanks for chiming in everyone. I have a feeling the MK7 Golf R will be in heavy demand when it arrives in the US, so the opportunities to get a good deal will likely be limited. My dealer is compiling a waiting list (I'm on it), I'm just hoping to find some leverage on the price to help take the sting out of it.

(. )( .)

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, Ford is included in our program as well, though I'm not sure what the discount is. I'm just not interested in anything they have to offer -- even the Focus ST isn't that appealing to me.

drive one. that'll change.

DowneyTDI

Ready to race!

Ford has definitely improved their lineup these past few years. I was in my friends new Explorer the other day and was surprised at how nice the interior was. There's still way too much cheap looking hard plastic in the interior of that Mustang though.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
I'm sure the ST handles nicely, but it somehow doesn't appeal to me as a whole package.

Regarding other Ford vehicles, friends of mine (a couple) have a Flex and a Explorer. They are nice vehicles, comfy and reasonably quiet. Both vehicles are having problems with their electronics however (Sync, backup cameras, cell phone integration, other random stuff), plus the Flex has annoying suspension noises that the dealer has been unable to fix and now says are normal. The Explorer is surprisingly cramped in the back and difficult to get in/out of for me.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

Didn't sway me... It handles nicely but the power was underwhelming and as nice as those recaros were the interior just isn't ...superior. Plus, less headroom for power mods without swapping turbos.

butchered by autocorrecr