GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinion on wheels?

BreenMachine

Hello VW MK VI world.

I picked up my Black 2013 R 4-DR about a month ago, and needless to say, as my first VW I'm loving it (I'll put up a post and pictures in the new members thread later).

Looking into wheels, and as I've settled on the VMR V702's 18x8.5 ET45 (budget won't stretch enough for BBS-RS......yet), I can't for the life of me pick between Matte Silver, Hyper Silver, or Matte Gunmetal with the brushed face, so I'm turning to this wonderful community for an opinion.

Also opinions on tires would be great, its my daily driver so ride quality is of up most importance but obviously still want to have a some fun.

Judging by what other people have done I'll probably stick with the stock 225/40/18 size, but brand and style opinions would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I'm only going to be running these wheels in summer.

Turbo t1

Passed Driver's Ed
Definitely gunmetal with the brushed face!!

And for me 19x8.5 et45 with 225 35 19 tyres and a some lowering springs. :)

18's will look great though and ride a little bit better. Not sure of tyre sizes on 18's. Sorry.

PedroPat

Passed Driver's Ed
I went with the VMR 710'S in hyper silver on my black 2012 two door. After a while I didn't really care for the color combo. I sold the hyper silver wheels and replaced them with VMR 710's in gunmetal. It goes much better with the black.

Hope this helps

BreenMachine

As a new VW owner, do research on the FSI cam follower issue.

Replace often.

I've heard and read quite a bit on this, but thanks, definitely good to know.

As for the wheels thanks for the opinions.

Previous to my VW i was running a honda, black with gunmetal (great look) but I think I just felt it was time for something other than that, so I decided to go with the matte hyper silver after browsing way to many photos. Something about them clicks for me (PedroPat, hopefully the like of the combo doesn't wear on me to fast).

Wheels and tires are en route from the states, as well as my side marker replacements, should get here next week. Weather permitting (it snowed like 3" inches in the last two days here, gotta love Calgary!) I can hopefully run this setup for a little while. I'll get some pics up ASAP.

Thanks again.