GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011-2014 Water Pump Recall Incoming

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, what's the difference between a CBFA engine and a CCTA and how do ya know what you have? My GTI is a 2013 DSG.
Please take note of my screen name & go easy on me.:confused:

ProV1x

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks to this board, I found out about this recall and am going to see my dealer next Mon to get this done. Thx all!

I'm actually at my dealer right now! I just mentioned it, they looked up my vin and there's no charge! They're keeping the car all day though.

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
i got mine done at a dealer and my VIN no longer shows up in the recall list. is this the case for others as well who got it done?

i guess it's a one-time deal and not really an "extended warranty"?

VEGASVWGTI

Ready to race!
i got mine done at a dealer and my VIN no longer shows up in the recall list. is this the case for others as well who got it done?

I have had mine replaced (CBFA) four times in under 70K and am listed as eligible.

Taiso0019

Ready to race!

Yes same here. Vegas, I think If you bring it in during an active service campaign, 19K5 in this case, you are scratched off the list for now. Until there is another...since these 'new' pumps being installed aren't exactly strangers to us. I got a BG pump last week...I know of a few on here that have had those leak already.

Jaber

Modero
Monday, day before my 20k service. Noticed my coolant was at Min, with car cold. Mentioned it to dealer, they pressure tested it, all seemed good. No external leaks. Added some coolant and told me to keep an eye on it. My vin# still not on recall, but we shall see!

Cabriolet

Passed Driver's Ed
WATER PUMP RECALL

Received a letter from VW yesterday that my 2011 CBFA GTI is covered until December 31, 2018. My pump went 3 years ago.

My wife also owns a 2011 but we have not received a letter for her car yet. She has 40,000 miles and the pump is original.

Do not know what makes these pumps go but i do think the installation has something to do with it. I will have to check the water temp in both cars to see what the running temp is. This might have a bearing on the life of the pump. It might be that CBFA engines might run a little hotter then the 48 state version.

Whatever i am covered for the water pump for another 3 1/2 years more.:happyanim:

Jared32

Ready to race!
Just got a letter in the mail for my 2012... I am planning on taking it on an extended trip and wondered if anyone has had issues with the new water pump? Would you guys change it? It's been replaced once that I know of already...

Sent from my distracter to yours...

cobie56

Ready to race!
Just got a letter in the mail for my 2012... I am planning on taking it on an extended trip and wondered if anyone has had issues with the new water pump? Would you guys change it? It's been replaced once that I know of already...

Sent from my distracter to yours...

When I had mine done last week, my svc dept. rep said that my dealer has replaced " a lot" of pumps over the past few months with the newest version and no one has come back yet with a leaky one. So take that for what it is worth......