GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM   #1
NewGuy
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI - 5dr - DSG
Opinions ECS control arm bushings

Anyone got hands on experience with ECS polyurethane control arm bushings?
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM   #2
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
No but given ECS's track record I'd just go with a brand that's been proven like powerflex.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM   #3
NewGuy
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
No but given ECS's track record I'd just go with a brand that's been proven like powerflex.
Care to elaborate on "track record"? Most I hear is just to avoid because they are not a "true" aftermarket part manufacturer. Yet everyone I've talked to who actually has ECS parts is fairly satisfied.
Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM   #4
jay745
Mod Flanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
Care to elaborate on "track record"? Most I hear is just to avoid because they are not a "true" aftermarket part manufacturer. Yet everyone I've talked to who actually has ECS parts is fairly satisfied.
Their reputation is not very good... There's a fb group with 7,000 members called "why I hate ECS"

I've ordered a bunch of parts from them over the years and haven't had any major problems... But I've seen some things from others that make me think twice.
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM   #5
NewGuy
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Their reputation is not very good... There's a fb group with 7,000 members called "why I hate ECS"

I've ordered a bunch of parts from them over the years and haven't had any major problems... But I've seen some things from others that make me think twice.
Yea don't get me wrong I don't like the company itself aha.
I'm doing a return on a order right now because they sent me the wrong item and customer service was dreadful.

But as far as quality for item most say its good with no complaints. Most of their items come from actual tuning companies they have acquired.

That's mainly why I'm trying to see if anyone has hands on, best reference I can get without having actual product.
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM   #6
sterkrazzy
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: mk6 gti
ECS branded items are questionable.

I've seen plenty of issues with their spacers.

I ordered side markers for an R bumper from them that were "ecs brand" and one of them isn't even usable.

If they can't make simpler items like that function correctly I wouldn't trust them for more serious things.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #7
NewGuy
Autocross Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
ECS branded items are questionable.

I've seen plenty of issues with their spacers.

I ordered side markers for an R bumper from them that were "ecs brand" and one of them isn't even usable.

If they can't make simpler items like that function correctly I wouldn't trust them for more serious things.
What issues are there with ECS spacers?, I know plenty of people running their flush kit.

As far as side markers, simple plastic components are usually outsourced cheaply even with bigger tuning companies, especially when they're purely cosmetic. Not trying to defend them.
Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM   #8
sterkrazzy
Formula 3000 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
What issues are there with ECS spacers?, I know plenty of people running their flush kit.
https://www.facebook.com/josh.giesey...0877206741850/

https://youtu.be/2vf8K2VczfE
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors

Last edited by sterkrazzy; Yesterday at 03:41 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM   #9
NewGuy
Autocross Champion

So a fitment oversight for vehicle compatibility? The item does what it set out to do in a good portion of applications... I don't know man, I've seen other companies do much worse and have actual design flaws...

I'm aware of the side marker issues.

Give me something more so I can drop ECS for good aha.
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #10
sterkrazzy
Formula 3000 Driver

I just don't get the reasoning for trying to convince yourself that they'll be good. I don't think its worth the headache or the hassle. Chances are in a year you'll be replacing them after they start to fall apart. Even the guys that make bushings as a primary source of income have issues with their bushings once in a while, and you're expecting a huge company like ECS that puts their foot into everything, and makes it worse, to make a decent bushing. I've had a BFI dogbone mount turn into dust and plenty of people out there have had issues with 034 motor mounts.

ECS is mostly fine to order from...I just wouldn't bother with the parts they've branded as theirs.

Do it nice or do it twice will be the lesson learned.
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM   #11
jay745
Mod Flanders

Quote:
I just don't get the reasoning for trying to convince yourself that they'll be good. I don't think its worth the headache or the hassle. Chances are in a year you'll be replacing them after they start to fall apart. Even the guys that make bushings as a primary source of income have issues with their bushings once in a while, and you're expecting a huge company like ECS that puts their foot into everything, and makes it worse, to make a decent bushing. I've had a BFI dogbone mount turn into dust and plenty of people out there have had issues with 034 motor mounts.

ECS is mostly fine to order from...I just wouldn't bother with the parts they've branded as theirs.

This 100%.

Why are you trying to see a reason to use them so hard? I don't see any substantial cost benefit for ecs bushings over others.. What's the logic here???
Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM   #12
NewGuy
Autocross Champion

Quote:

Where are these "chances" your referring to coming from ??
And how do you know they "make it worse", please tell me.
I'm aware every aftermarket has issues on occasion, so I'm just trying to figure out why ECS is on the chopping block 24/7 with no real sources...

Quote:
This 100%.

Why are you trying to see a reason to use them so hard? I don't see any substantial cost benefit for ecs bushings over others.. What's the logic here???
I'm not trying to see a reason to use them I'm trying to see a reason not to. At this point I'm just trying to see if yes indeed ECS sucks or if its all because one person made a comment "ECS = bad" and everyone has just accepted it at this point.

Hence the main reason of this post being opinions from experience on ECS Bushings. I don't care if their side marker fitment is bad, or which idiot spec'ed their fitment catalog.
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM   #13
jay745
Mod Flanders

Give them a try and report back how they are then...
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #14
sterkrazzy
Formula 3000 Driver

They probably aren't even made by ECS. Probably outsourced chinese crap.