GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought an almost MK6 GTI, needs electrical work

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Hi guys,
I just bought a 2012 2dr GTI, but there were problems so it was pretty cheap
Some electrical components doesn't work because freshwater got up to the middle console housing, there wasn't any rust or anything under the carpet though.

Things that don't work

• Aux (and possibly MDI),
    Driver side door controls (all of them)
    Driver side door won't lock with fob or passenger control
    Airbag light doesn't go on, but the central module needs to be replaced? (maybe the seller had someone vagcom the light off?)
    Bluetooth
    Reading lights don't light up, unless door is open

Other than that, everything else works including the speakers in the door which are really low. The engine runs perfectly so I don't regret this purchase, but i'm not sure what to buy? I'm checking the fuses and haven't seen a blown one yet so maybe I need to replace everything in the door? also where can I get a center console airbag module? I searched online and couldn't find one. Thanks,
Future (full) MK6 owner

zrickety

The Fixer
Sounds like the convenience module. You just need to scan the car and it will tell you what's not communicating.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Sounds like the convenience module. You just need to scan the car and it will tell you what's not communicating.

This is really useful information, thanks :)
Hmm, should I buy a cheap wire and get some VCDS software?
my dad was going to take it to a mechanic that fixed our cars cheap (he skimps out on things to cut costs...), and then have him figure out what we needed to fix.

zrickety

The Fixer
Vcds only works with real ross-tech cables. It's a little pricey but totally worth it, especially for your situation.

Sent via smoke signals