GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which headlights to get?

seraphkz

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone. I have a mk6 GTI halogen headlights. I've been thinking of buying a set of projector R style headlights. What brand do you guys recommend nowadays?

Thanks a bunch!

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
OEM. Definitely worth the cost. No offense to the aftermarket selections, but they dont come close IMO in output, quality and look and fit.

seraphkz

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think I can fit projector light on my GTI that came with halogen light right? Or am I mistaken.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
I don't think I can fit projector light on my GTI that came with halogen light right? Or am I mistaken.

You would replace the entire halogen housing with the Bi-Xenon housings.

OEM Bi-Xenon lights from the Mk6 fit all the Mk6 Golf models. I did the swap myself on my last GTI.

JNF1283

You would replace the entire halogen housing with the Bi-Xenon housings.

OEM Bi-Xenon lights from the Mk6 fit all the Mk6 Golf models. I did the swap myself on my last GTI.

Looks terrific, but the last kit that I saw cost $2,700.00+

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Looks terrific, but the last kit that I saw cost $2,700.00+

Brand new, the housings will run you about $1,200 but can be had for much cheaper by shopping around. Then there are used.

Bulbs and ballast will cost you about $150-300, depending on what brand you use.

Lastly, the harness will run you $75.

So, thats about $1,500.

Jack Sparrow

Passed Driver's Ed
Brand new, the housings will run you about $1,200 but can be had for much cheaper by shopping around. Then there are used.

Bulbs and ballast will cost you about $150-300, depending on what brand you use.

Lastly, the harness will run you $75.

So, thats about $1,500.

What harness?

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
What harness?

If you do not have the OEM lighting package, you most likely have the midline BCM and not the highline. You can by-pass having to upgrade the BCM if you use the Kufatec harness. It plugs into the existing lighting harness and then into the new housings.

seraphkz

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for everyone's reply. I was able to find an OEM one on pgperformance site for $2700. Pretty darn expensive these things.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Thanks for everyone's reply. I was able to find an OEM one on pgperformance site for $2700. Pretty darn expensive these things.

That's insane...ECS has a set for $1500. They don't have LEDs, but for $1200 less who cares lol