GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Heater blower and rear Windscreen wiper not working

Kahth

Hi all, first let me introduce myself - been lurking on these forums for a while as a guest, had the Golf 1.6 TDI S 2009 model for 3 years now, has been great and no major issues. This week the heater blower and rear wiper have stopped working, and anyone who lives in UK knows it's not a good time! ❄️❄️❄️

I've heard this could be a faulty fuse or relay but I've looked in the manual and not sure which I should start with?!

Anyone that could give me any advice, it would be massively appreciated.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
My Daughter is working in London since September, you Brits having a terrible time the last few days with the severe winter weather!

Here is a fuse box diagram I use from time to time, it's from the MK5 Rabbit but alot are same for early MK6 Golfs. There are alot of fuses for the Heater so you will have to check the fuse box behind the panel at the end of the dash by the door, as well as the fuse box under the hood (bonnet).

https://www.autogenius.info/volkswagen-golf-5-fuse-box-diagram/

Cheers

Kahth

I've changed the heater blower control unit fuses but I still have the same problem? It is worth noting I have heat coming out but the fan is not blowing it.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I've changed the heater blower control unit fuses but I still have the same problem? It is worth noting I have heat coming out but the fan is not blowing it.
I'm cot sure about the wiper but you could remove/check the blower fan as well as the resistor pack that controls the fan speed. by applying voltage to the fan, the fan should run.

Anyway I had done a write up on the fan as well as the resister so this post may help sort you out.
https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106245&highlight=motor

Good luck !

Kahth

Hi, big thanks for all the help! I took the blower out and cleaned it up then put it back but still no joy. What would be the best way to test voltage to the fan?

goodalle

Did you work it out? My blower won't blow at all (so not the resistor) and the 40A fuse is good. When I turn the fan on, I hear a whirring sound (not a fan) more like something is working in there which makes me wonder if the relay is not working. Anyone know where the A/C blower relay is in a 2011 Mk6?